Reaction score
2001 Audi A4 B5 1.8SE
Santorin Blue.
74,000 miles.
2 previous owners.
Full History.
2 keys.
MOT until January 2022.

I bought this as a bit of a stop-gap after selling my RS6, but it turned out to be a reliable old steed and I’ve ended up keeping it for almost 4 years. It’s been daily driven throughout that time and has only let me down once with a flat battery a couple of years ago. I’ve now got my first child on the way and have bought something a little newer with Isofix etc. I did a 600 mile round trip in the car last week to pick up its replacement and it didn’t miss a beat.

The car has a fairly comprehensive history with a total of 13 stamps in the service book as below:

29/01/01 – Delivery Inspection (Hadwins Audi)
02/05/02 (7,583 miles) – Service (Hadwins Audi)
27/08/03 (14,010 miles) – Service (Hadwins Audi)
02/12/04 (19,381 miles) – Service (Hadwins Audi)
03/01/06 (23,450 miles) – Service (Hadwins Audi)
02/01/07 (26,748 miles) – Service + Cambelt (Hadwins Audi)
20/12/07 (30,426 miles) – Service (Hadwins Audi)
17/12/08 (32,835 miles) – Service (Lake District Audi)
04/04/10 (35,782 miles) – Service (Lake District Audi)
08/01/14 (46,242 miles) – Service (Lound Road Garage, Kendal)
22/12/14 (48,690 miles) – Service (Lound Road Garage, Kendal)
10/12/15 (56,848 miles) – Service (Lound Road Garage, Kendal)
15/11/17 (62,339 miles) – Service + Cambelt (Deutsche Tech, Ayr)
In addition to the above:
21/09/19 (70,220) – Oil, filter, air filter, spark plugs done by myself

The car starts on the button every time and is mechanically sound. No untoward noises. Over the time I’ve owned the car it’s had various arms and bushes replaced as and when required, a new Bosch battery, new ABS sensors, a new exhaust flexi and the timing belt/waterpump/thermostat has been done.

All electrics work as they should (windows, central locking, lights, wipers, radio etc) and surprisingly the DIS is only missing a handful of pixels.

The cloth interior is pretty clean as you’d expect from a car of this mileage. A couple of marks here and there but nothing major.

All 4 tyres are budgets but do all have loads of tread left. I also put a brand new tyre on the spare a few months ago as it looked to still have the original tyre on! All discs and pads have plenty of life left in them too. Factory fitted mud flaps all round and the complete tool kit is also present.

The only real negative to note on the car is the bodywork – from 10 yards away it looks great (Santorin blue polishes up amazing) however the elderly gentleman who owned the car for most of its life before me appears to have had a couple of lapses in concentration:

- Scuff on o/s front bumper.
- Scuff on n/s front bumper.
- Scuff on lower n/s rear door.
- Lacquer and paint peel on bonnet.

Aside from above the body work is decent. Both front wings are in good shape with no rust or bubbling. Same goes for the boot plinth.

As I said a new car has been purchased however I’m still using this as my daily so the mileage may rise very slightly. The car is still taxed and insured so can be taken for a test drive no problem. Insurance is pretty cheap and the running costs are pretty low.

Car is located in Ayr, Scotland and can be viewed/inspected/driven pretty much any time. I have the full V5 here in my name and the car is ready to go.

£895 ono.

Any questions drop me a message.
Murray

dQrShii.jpg

tmjgNjr.jpg

jTfII6Q.jpg

C5k67vm.jpg

VrkGikl.jpg

tldLJ3n.jpg

S3AEsOq.jpg

CWIzUMD.jpg

PO1sFa8.jpg

dgh82pi.jpg

P96Dx4t.jpg

MeY18Ek.jpg

cbAAZtX.jpg

5s3luV1.jpg

dmgXxoO.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nitro_CR
Good luck with the sale Murray. Someone is going to get a great car. Congrats on the baby on the way. :)

Reactions: S4 Muzza
Good luck with the sale Murray. Someone is going to get a great car. Congrats on the baby on the way. :)

Thanks Sandra! Can’t wait, plus it gave me an excuse to buy a new car :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: RS5 JON and Sandra
Status
Not open for further replies.