2002 S3 CO2 emmisions level

shollis

flat in fifth.....
Reaction score
In light of all of the budget stuff happening today, a friend at work wants to know what the CO2 (g/km) of his 2002 S3 is?

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

I dont think you need to worry about the new tax unless your car is newer than '06

I think its for cars registered after 1/3/01....do the 210 S3's and 225 S3's have different C02 emissions. Just done a budget calculator on the BBC website and it says if I paid £190 for tax last year (renewed in Jan 07) then I should only expect a £15 hike in taxation?

The new levels ie £400 in 2008 only is for cars registered at the end of this month this year, ie a car registered 1/4/07 like a 3.2 A3 will fall in the bracket of the top tax band

As said no 8L shape S3 falls into the new G taxation band.

All I can say about this subject is, if you can afford to run and own an S3, I'm sure you can pay the extra £15-20 it's going to cost you annually. And lets face it, a remapped one is sure gonna be way over 'G' taxation band, but we are still going to pay for tax on a standard car right? :racer:

I'm guessing it will all be for new cars only. Both my 1994 Ibiza and 2001 S3 are on the 'flat rate' car tax which was £175 last time round so I expect that will go up by the usual £tenner.

That's useful to know. So to clarify my previous post, if your car was originally registered before 28th February 2001 you are on the 'TC11' flat rate scheme so it goes up from £175 to £180. My S3 was registered on 14th January 2001 so it just slips under the wire.

S3's registered 1st March 2001 onwards are £205.

Really mad about this subject now! I have a 1.8SE A4 Avant on a Y plate, normally aspirated, non-quattro, so bottom of the range engine wise and no grunt, and I'm paying tax at the same level as the sportier stuff????? :wtf: How the **** is that fair??? So I guess I'll be looking to trade in for an 'S' model quattro - a little bit old so at least the car matches the level of tax I have to pay!!!!! Or is it just me??

Darren

Taxed my 2002 S3 a few months ago and it was £205, had a 2006 Aston Martin DB9 in at work the other day, looked at the tax disc and it was £190 for 12 months :motz:

How is that fair!!! :wtf:

Now that really is mad! Hmmm, so I need to buy a DB9 to save meself some money on road tax - I'll speak to the missus!!!:)