2004 TDI Sport Auto Climate Question

B79MJW

Reaction score
My 2004 TDI when set on AUTO climate at any temp other than HI does not seem to blow much hot air via the centre vents - Just a tiny bit; however all the others are fine.

When I set it on manual the centre vents opens and closes fine and I have hot air.

Is this actually a feature? Also Iv'e noted that when set on AUTO it rarely gets over half speed on the fans when set to say 22oC

The Fan in the climate control unit behind the grill is working. All other features work i.e opening and closing vents normally.

It cant be flaps; sensors seem to be working as the intensity drops off and on; Am I imagining a problem here that does not exist!

Or is the general feel that the AUTO does not work well! Can anyone else confirm this happens on there car?

I get paranoid about problems this time every year when we enter the doom of cold nights and Icy conditions!

Thanks
Mark.

Last edited:
Climate control manages the air distribution automatically to keep the cabin temp at the required value.
Dont worry, I'm on my second A4 and both have been like that.
I keep my temp at 22C nearly all year round

Last edited:
Thanks Mate; Its the fact on "Auto" Hot air never really comes out the centre vent; weird that on HI and LOW air does. Im going chuck it on 22C manual with all vents clicked. The Climate system does seem to be rather poor like for a VAG Car!

My old golf was spot on. Today I've plugged in the laptop with VCDS and all vents temps inc dash sensor seem to be fine; all motors within parameters and adjusting with no errors so must just be me.

Thanks for the reply mate.

B6 climate control comes in fro much criticism, and is is generally known as being quite inefficient.

Interestingly, I keep mine on 18C virtually all year, maybe bumping it up to 21C during a cold snap.