2005 A3 central locking problem

Gwebs1

Reaction score
Hi
I have a 2005 Audi A3 sport back, all of a sudden the central locking has stopped working and I have to use the key to unlock the doors. I have changed the battery and tried all of the key syncing methods, so I’m a bit stumped, any ideas or suggestions?

T.I.A

Hiya bud can you post a auto scan of your vehicle? It’s unlikely that both remotes have failed at the same time so I’m curious if there’s something else going on with the convenience ecu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiya bud can you post a auto scan of your vehicle? It’s unlikely that both remotes have failed at the same time so I’m curious if there’s something else going on with the convenience ecu.

Hi mate I unfortunately don’t have a vagcom reader :/. It’s just a bit weird as it just stopped all of the sudden, but I did try all the resyncing methods with both my keys and nothing changed .

20201109 164313
Hi, have u looked at ur wiring looms at the door hinges, mines was the same along with my drivers window which stop working all of a sudden. I pull back the rubber gator on drivers front door to reveal the wires & found a couple of damaged wires & one wire completely cut through. Wear & tare is very common with these due to door use, open & closing many times...
I found it a bit of a nightmare trying to replace or rejoin both ends of damaged wires myself but in all honesty ur better off stripping out the wiring loom or at least strip enough back to allow u more room to work on & replace or repair damaged wires with a soldering iron for a more permanent strong fix...

Hi man,

Thankyou for the reply, I shall have a look tomorrow morning, Thankyou for your reply :)

Reactions: No more
View attachment 214271 Hi, have u looked at ur wiring looms at the door hinges, mines was the same along with my drivers window which stop working all of a sudden. I pull back the rubber gator on drivers front door to reveal the wires & found a couple of damaged wires & one wire completely cut through. Wear & tare is very common with these due to door use, open & closing many times...
I found it a bit of a nightmare trying to replace or rejoin both ends of damaged wires myself but in all honesty ur better off stripping out the wiring loom or at least strip enough back to allow u more room to work on & replace or repair damaged wires with a soldering iron for a more permanent strong fix...

That’s a really good shout if the drivers door doesn’t know if it’s shut the locking won’t work on remote it should still unlock on the remote though. But then also if the ignition switch is on the way out that’ll do the same thing. But the easiest option is to run an auto scan and see what’s going on over the whole vehicle. Then you can compare all the systems and localise the fault. It’s all about keeping your hands clean before diag and knowing the right direction to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: abmat and No more