2008 (57) A4 cab 2.0 TDI 116k BPW engine misfire

Pazman

Reaction score
Had the car only 3 weeks now , drove 8 mile from the sellers house when the DPF alight came on ***
New DPF sensor looks to have sorted that as ive now done over 1k without a DPF issue .
What I do have is a misfire at 1600 rpm and them at 2200 ish , this is parked and not in gear .
When im driving I don’t really feel any problems with power or juddering .
Any ideas what this could be ?

Hi, something doesn't add up - You have a diesel - You have no spark plugs - so no misfire is possible for You. Maybe You mean RPM fluctuations or engine vibration?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Diesels can and do misfire pal
Problems with injectors or timing can definitely cause a misfire

likely to be an injector issue, do you have access to VCDS? you need to measure blocks 13, 18 and 23.

Pazman - Can I ask what you're experiencing that tells you it's a misfire (asking as a rookie - mine does something strange at certain revs intermittently & I'm trying to diagnose).

will hopefully show odd things happening in one or more cylinders, an injector not performing as it should, rich or learn mixture, an air leek and so on lol
Just picked up Bosch maf for GSF for £60 instead of £180 .
See if that helps
Trying the cheap things first working my way up to injectors and the head which may well be

Last edited:
One of my diagnostics tools arrived to day so I popped it on would you Adam and Eve it Mass air flow fault code case up p0102.
So as I had decided to pick one up today I’m feeling chuffed .
I’ll fit that tomorrow morning and hopefully that’s my problems sorted .

Injection looks at be a problem too .
Cylinders 1 and 2 are still way out