2008 audi 2.0 tdi power loss?

670ak

Reaction score
I've an A3 2.0 tdi 6 speed manual which went a bit funny at the weekend,

I was driving it really hard, and it seemed to loose all power. Even with my foot stamped hard to the floor, I was getting no revs, but the car was still moving forward. It still went up some hills and did a few (very slow) overtakes though. I felt though the turbo had blown but its not had any tell tale signs of being any issue at all. There wasnt any warning lights or previous issues, and its been serviced 2months/1k ago

The next day it was fine and everythings been back to normal since.

I've an A3 2.0 tdi 6 speed manual which went a bit funny at the weekend,

I was driving it really hard, and it seemed to loose all power. Even with my foot stamped hard to the floor, I was getting no revs, but the car was still moving forward. It still went up some hills and did a few (very slow) overtakes though. I felt though the turbo had blown but its not had any tell tale signs of being any issue at all. There wasnt any warning lights or previous issues, and its been serviced 2months/1k ago

The next day it was fine and everythings been back to normal since.
I have a 04 a3 2.0 tdi aswell and i get exactly the same thing. I put some redx in it and drove it 55miles to the coast and then back again. It was abit smokey but afew days later it was like a different car. Now somedays it just wont boost fully and otherdays it boosts so hard it goes into limp mode an i have to turn the ignition off and back on

Interesting, the same happened recently, turning the ignition off then on again made all the difference, and I continued along my journey fine, first moment of hesitation since last August when i started the thread.

This has come back after a period of not being used all that much, sometimes boosting it makes it go into a limp mode. In this limp mode it’s very slow / non existent acceleration and you cannot use cruise control. Hopefully it’s nothing as much as an expensive new turbo, driving along the whole car sounds slightly louder / almost like something electrical always on in the background, so it’s fair to say the car hasn’t liked lack of use through the lockdowns