2008 S5 advice needed please guys

Nick_S5

Reaction score
I have a new to me S5 and the clutch pedal feels heavy, is this a characteristic of the car? or is my clutch on the way out 76000 miles

thanks to all who respond and thank you for reading my post lads and gals

Nick

If it has never had a clutch at 76000 miles Id say it was probably ready. I found the clutch a real week point in mine

If it has never had a clutch at 76000 miles Id say it was probably ready. I found the clutch a real week point in mine
Thanks Simon, I will book her in for a new clutch….I wonder if it might be better to have a performance clutch

Last edited:
I would say it depends on how you want to use it, mine was standard and I found there was too much traction when launching hard for the clutch to manage so it would slip. I have the same issue in my current s4 even with a performance clutch but that does have to cope with 400bhp and 19’s

I would say it depends on how you want to use it, mine was standard and I found there was too much traction when launching hard for the clutch to manage so it would slip. I have the same issue in my current s4 even with a performance clutch but that does have to cope with 400bhp and 19’s
Mine is a manual, so basically just normal use really.