2009 A3 front wing 3door/5door, 8P/8PA are they the same part?

A3Tiger

Reaction score
2009 A3 S Line 2.0TDI Sportback:- Can anyone tell me if the front wings of the 3door(8P) and the 5door(8PA) are the same part, will an 8P wing fit an 8PA car body? Thanks!

3dr/5dr use same wings from there respective years of course, 03-08 are same & 09-13 are same, but cant mix those 2 year groups.

Thanks for your help! The reason I'm asking is I need a new wing for my 5door and there's a 3door one for sale, bit overpriced but the right colour, S line, etc. but it means a 400mile round trip to collect it, it looks the same but I wanted to be sure before I commit to buying it. Can I ask what is your background, you appear to be in the motortrade with the VCDS logo and are you 100% sure that it will fit? Sorry for all the questions just want to be certain!

Nige knows nothing about cars, and doesn't have a clue about VCDS, LOL :)

I guess your new to the forum mate, as Nige said, yes it will fit providing it is from the same year group.
Nige is probably the most known person on here, and knows practically everything there is about Audi's from retrofits to body parts and mechanical to name a few.

He is also a VCDS stockists should you wish to buy a cable.

Thanks! Yes totally new to this posting/forum business, it's reassuring to know that there are experts out there that are happy to help, I guess with 20,189 posts I should have realized that!

Hi guys, sorry to restart this post after such a long time but do the 8pa and 8p1 3 door s lines both have the same front doors?

Hi guys, sorry to restart this post after such a long time but do the 8pa and 8p1 3 door s lines both have the same front doors?

@Ash187 i dont think he means 3 or 5 door m8 . think he means 3 door but different model numbers .
i would like to know if there is a difference too.
cheers
eddo

@Ash187 i dont think he means 3 or 5 door m8 . think he means 3 door but different model numbers .
i would like to know if there is a difference too.
cheers
eddo

8PA is the Sportback, 8P1 isn’t.