2009 A3 S-Line & S3 Front Bumper

Neth69

Reaction score
Bros, juz need some info on d difference between d S-Line & S3 front bumper. Which has a larger side air vent located at d fog lights area? Any pics 4 comparison? Cheers.

I dont know which translator your using but the Oxford English Dictionary mate actually spells it "THE" not "d"

We are very friendly & helpful, but we do appreciate some proper english & from your posts you obviously do speak it well, ok kinda well, lol

Also welcome to AS aswell.

I'll try & dig some images out

S3 sportback:

2009_audi_a3_7.jpg

S-Line cab which will be same as:

Audi%20A3%20Cabriolet%20Unveiled%201.jpg

S3 looks like has bigger air ducts for the intercoolers which is kinda obvious given car power etc, does this help?

It seems like the A3 S-Line cab has a different front bumper as compared to the A3 S-Line.

S-Line A3 (UK Specifications)
P4100052.jpg

The picture of the cabrio posted is not an S-Line ;)

I can't really tell the differences from the parallax angle of the pictures I've seen on the net. Therefore, I was hoping that maybe someone would have a clearer view of the two bumpers. Did any of you guys ever tried comparing? :uhm:

Its obvious the S3 would be bigger than the S-Line anyway cause of the engine & intercoolers.

Its obvious the S3 would be bigger than the S-Line anyway cause of the engine & intercoolers.
Thanks mate... was contemplating between buying either of the two front bumpers as replacement. Didn't have much information as the cars haven't been launched yet. :icon_thumright:

By the way, just for opinion's sake... Which bumper do you think looks better? :uhm:

Thanks mate... was contemplating between buying either of the two front bumpers as replacement. Didn't have much information as the cars haven't been launched yet. :icon_thumright:
from what we understand fitting the 2009 front bumper to a pre 09 car will require a new bonnet, a new grille and new headlights as the bumper is a different shape.

By the way, just for opinion's sake... Which bumper do you think looks better? :uhm:

When you see them in the flesh, side by side, there's not much in it (there was a clear difference on the pre-facelift S-line/S3).

I agree, the S3 does look better but that's because of the grille ;)

When my new S-line arrives i'll take some measurements of the grille, i'll keep an eye out at my local stealers to see if they get a facelift S3 so I can check my measurements against that.

from what we understand fitting the 2009 front bumper to a pre 09 car will require a new bonnet, a new grille and new headlights as the bumper is a different shape.
I've already booked my ride, it's the 2009 A3 sportback (Facelift). But it would only arrive in end Nov and there's no S-line options for the bumpers. My bumper would be similar to the picture below. :puke2:

Any modifications to be made for the conversion to S3 front/rear bumpers and side skirts?

Audi%20A3%20Cabriolet%20Unveiled%201.jpg

When you see them in the flesh, side by side, there's not much in it (there was a clear difference on the pre-facelift S-line/S3).

I agree, the S3 does look better but that's because of the grille ;)

When my new S-line arrives i'll take some measurements of the grille, i'll keep an eye out at my local stealers to see if they get a facelift S3 so I can check my measurements against that.
Thanks mate, appreciate that. Cheers. :salute:

Another newbe here but one who can communicate without the need to resort to text speak.
Anyway I'm also looking to change my front bumper to the 2006 on version with built in lower splitter. Mine has the earlier version, see pic in my signature (if its there).
So its the old ' what part number is' the later version please. I have searched the site but can't seem to see a definative answer.

Thanks

Do any of you guys have the part numbers for the 2009 S3 front bumper, rear bumper/diffuser (2 piece) and side skirts? Need the part numbers to make an order? Thanks for any info.

are you looking to fit them to a standard 2009 model, or a pre-post facelift model? if you are fiting them to anything other than a 2009 model then you will more than likely need a new bonnet and headlight cluster too, as well as a new front grille.

The rear diffuser may also not fit properly to a non S3 model as the exhaust pipes are a couple of millimeters further to the right on the S3 than the standard models. You would have to cut the bumper to make it fit.

The facelift 3 door model is also one centimeter longer than the pre-2009 model so you would need to make sure that the additional one centimeter is not in the wheelbase, otherwise the 2009 sideskirts will not fit properly. Having said that, if the extra centimeter is at the front of the car (which it may be for european safety regulations) then you may also need a new front wing since the bumper would be 1cm longer. You may also need a new re-inforcement bar at the front if the bumper is going to be 1cm further forward than the old one.

As you can see from the above it is not clear what is required to do the job and until somebody is brave enough to just go and buy the bits and then buy more bits as needed and then buy more bits until the car is either finished or the money runs out we won't be able to give a definitive answer on what parts are needed or how to do the job.

are you looking to fit them to a standard 2009 model, or a pre-post facelift model? if you are fiting them to anything other than a 2009 model then you will more than likely need a new bonnet and headlight cluster too, as well as a new front grille.

The rear diffuser may also not fit properly to a non S3 model as the exhaust pipes are a couple of millimeters further to the right on the S3 than the standard models. You would have to cut the bumper to make it fit.

The facelift 3 door model is also one centimeter longer than the pre-2009 model so you would need to make sure that the additional one centimeter is not in the wheelbase, otherwise the 2009 sideskirts will not fit properly. Having said that, if the extra centimeter is at the front of the car (which it may be for european safety regulations) then you may also need a new front wing since the bumper would be 1cm longer. You may also need a new re-inforcement bar at the front if the bumper is going to be 1cm further forward than the old one.

As you can see from the above it is not clear what is required to do the job and until somebody is brave enough to just go and buy the bits and then buy more bits as needed and then buy more bits until the car is either finished or the money runs out we won't be able to give a definitive answer on what parts are needed or how to do the job.
My ride is the 2009 A3 Sportback, 5 door standard model. Would there still be problems installing the rear bumper? Was told that rear bumer conversion to S3 would not be a problem as long as it's a full bumper replacement and not just the rear valence. Front bumper and side skirts wise, no hassle. Am I getting the correct infomation from my sources?

still think you'll have problems with the rear diffuser due to the offset of the exhaust pipes, and I suspect you might need a new reinforcement bar for the front.

MattAndrew did a pre-09 S-Line to S3 front bumper upgrade on N8KOW's car last year. He might be able to advise better.

still think you'll have problems with the rear diffuser due to the offset of the exhaust pipes, and I suspect you might need a new reinforcement bar for the front.

MattAndrew did a pre-09 S-Line to S3 front bumper upgrade on N8KOW's car last year. He might be able to advise better.
Cheers mate...