2009 A6 Avant creaking...

Crossmax

Reaction score
I have noticed lately that the inside of my A6 creaks a lot, especially when turning, sounds like the back seats or the extendable cover for the back creaking...any known remedies for this??

Thank you in advance

Pete

I have noticed lately that the inside of my A6 creaks a lot, especially when turning, sounds like the back seats or the extendable cover for the back creaking...any known remedies for this??

Thank you in advance

Pete

Turn the radio up.:)

Sorry, couldn't resist it. Look here - http://www.uberlame.com/a6_tsb/Audi A6 TSB List.htm

There is quite a few about both exterior and interior noises.

Reactions: B5NUT

Thank you in advance

Pete

Is your spare wheel moving around in the wheel storage well ?

Turning the volume up helps but doesn't seem to cure it :) Don't have a spare wheel in my car, just tyre sealant and an air-compressor. I'm thinking it maybe where the back seats latch onto the body of the car...will have a look this weekend.

Turning the volume up helps but doesn't seem to cure it :) Don't have a spare wheel in my car, just tyre sealant and an air-compressor. I'm thinking it maybe where the back seats latch onto the body of the car...will have a look this weekend.

If you have removed your rear seat at anytime.
I had to straighten the frame work out so that the front clips would pull the seat down tight.
Just lay the seat on the ground upsidedown and press down next to the 'U' shaped clips with your foot to push the frame against the foam.

Thanks for the advice Roy...I'll add it to the to do list, my A6 has started throwing up several problems in the last two week...am not a happy camper!

Pete