2009 S4 Avant Quartz Grey DSG

I'm loving the stance on it dropped 40mm, no rubbing ?

Unfortunately a little bit but just depends how you drive it. I removed the two screws for the arch liner which seems to have eliminated the scuffing but the car will actually hit some ramps depending on size and the speed at which i travel over them but it's all managable.

The difference

I was hoping it would of fitted but I did measure mine up & asked the seller some questions & he said that they do a larger one but he's never listed any :(

Spent the majority of Saturday evening cleaning and hoovering the car with a number of beers, tops off, enjoying the warm sunshine:

I have C-Quartz wax/sealant on the car and the beading is awesome. When sheeting after rinsing, the water just rolls off the paintwork which is great for drying. For such a big car, it doesn't take long to get is dried up.

However, it holds a serious amount of water in all the gaps, window and roof trims, lights, grill etc.... So I bit the bullet and bought this last night:

Read great reviews on this product and were back in stock on cleanyourcar so thought why the hell not. It will help with drying, protect my paint work and will mean I won't have to re-dry areas of the car after a drive like this morning in the work car park lol

I'll do a review myself next week if it hopefully arrives.

Reactions: Bulldog
However, it holds a serious amount of water in all the gaps, window and roof trims, lights, grill etc....

Yes, that's all too true. Washed mine today and got fed up of chasing the dribbles. Eventually wrapped the door mirrors in drying towels to catch the last bits! :)

Do you get rows of your wives for spending three hours cleaning thar car but will not Hoover the house or is that just me lol

Reactions: Boydie and Bulldog
So my blaster has arrived, hopefully get to test it out tomorrow but looks like I'll be blasting off rain drops as opposed to water from washing :(

Secondly got some things added via vagcom:

- alarm beep when locked
- window wiper follow up when using scooshies off
- seat belt chime off
- lap timer on (just because)

That's it for now, on the hunt for an exhaust and think next month I'll purchase a filter replacement.

Secondly got some things added via vagcom:

- alarm beep when locked
- window wiper follow up when using scooshies off
- seat belt chime off
- lap timer on (just because)

Thanks for the ideas. I already have the seat belt chime off in my B7. @NHN stuffed a sock its gob when he fitted my MFSW.

So used the blaster for the first time yesterday and thought it was great!!

Decided to do the whole car with it just to see what it would perform like and overall was pretty impressed however, I don't think I would use it all the time to fully dry the car.

It didn't clear away all the water as it would break the droplets into smaller droplets and spread them over the paint work so had to go over myself a bit after which didn't bother me.

Regards to the door shuts, panel gaps, window surrounds etc.... The car must hold tons of water because I was never getting rid of it all. You'd make a pass and then come back and there would be more water present. Something to get used to anyway.

From now on, I think sheeting the rinsed water off first is the go forward, go over with some last touch and removed majority of water with large towel, pass over with the blaster and tidy up with smaller towel.
I'll try get a video up later in the week of it in action.

Reactions: scotty76
Regards to the door shuts, panel gaps, window surrounds etc.... The car must hold tons of water because I was never getting rid of it all. You'd make a pass and then come back and there would be more water present. Something to get used to anyway.

Pet hate of mine is the hiding water. Last time I did my S4 I ended up wrapping the mirrors in towels whilst I dried the wheels. They just seemed to have a never ending supply of dribbles! :)

Reactions: Keef
The wing mirrors are the worst!
i always leave the car to stand for a few hours but when i lock it up and the mirrors fold-up....more water!
I almost bought the above blaster - but then started looking for cheaper alternatives, like pet driers.

Is it OK to admit I use my B&D leaf blower.....works a treat.
Always seems to give the neighbours a chuckle too :)

Reactions: Keef
@Bristle Hound no :( I didn't pursue it further but I regret to inform you all that I sold the S4 a couple of weeks ago and bought a Scirocco R

Took a bit of an extreme notion and went to see this 2010 Scirocco R a few Saturdays ago.

Needless to say it's now in my driveway lol I loved the S4 but I found it hard on fuel and I'm moving location in work to another factory shortly so there will be a lot more driving between sites so putting the extra miles on the car would have killed me

Anyway, a scirocco R had appealed to me before and I had kept my eye On S3's as well but decided I couldn't go back to one after mine unless it was an 8V chassis.

I'll still float about, give advice and keep an eye on the latest mods/news etc... Thanks for all your help in my short ownership.