2010 S3 8p - REVO V SUPERCHIPS

Knighty

Reaction score
Hello,

I have research both companies and see REVO offer a lot more BHP/Torque but are more expensive. Will this added power have more of a problem on the standard clutch or will it hold out?

What are people opinion on both companies for this map??

It's inevitable that after stage 1 the clutch will start to slip. It all depends how much you drag start, boost it round.
I have had an 8L S3 that when mapped to Revo Stage 1 the clutch started to slip, and now on my 8P S3 the clutch is just about slipping.
From experience when the clutches have 60k miles they tend to slip.

Don't forget badger 5 or R-Tech

Or Shark or even APR....LOL

The point is that there are a lot of good maps,and some good deals,but I would take a map that can be adjusted over a simple upload any day.

It's torque that kills clutches,not power,and the stock clutch may be OK at Stg1,but some people have had problems,and at Stg2 or above,an uprated clutch is pretty much essential.

Reactions: LEE69
Yes or them too lol, all get really good reviews.

Reactions: S3Alex
Tried superchips and now have Revo on my S3
Revo is much less aggressive and more drive able than the superchips map.
The Revo is very progressive but the superchips the boost comes in with a bang.

I don't think I'd choose to go with a company that maps almost everything on the market, the development timescales must be very short and I can't imagine there is any level of extended road testing to ensure the car is optimised in a range of conditions, hence that would rule out the upload options.

For general day to day driving a generic map is fine (Revo / APR / GIAC etc.), and will give you most of what you need 95% of the time. Revo comes with some adjustability if you're prepared to pay up for a switch, but I only use it to change between winter / summer mode, or occasionally for security module.

Bespoke maps like Rick @ Unicorn / MRC etc.. will allow you to extract every last bit of performance from your car by matching it specifically to your vehicle. If you have plans to do other mods later they will be able to customise further keeping it optimised.

People bang on about figures, but on the road the average driver won't be able to tell the difference between 10 or 20bhp here or there, ambient air temps can wipe that kind of power off on a hot day. More important than anything is to find someone you trust, can build a relationship with, and isn't at the other end of the country in case you have any issues. Think about the whole package and not just the graph spike ;-)

Reactions: S3Alex, Tom5190, Dave-S3 and 1 other person
Totally agree with warren_S3. I have a unicorn custom map on mine. At stage 2+ it's 350bhp which is on the lower end of what you would expect but with a massive torque figure and a good progressive profile it's still a seriously quick machine.
Ricks service was second to none when the map was done and he's always happy to help with any further issues or questions

Reactions: warren_S5 and S3Alex
This about the most sensible thread ive read on here lately regarding maps!!!! Totally agree with it all!

I agree with what's previously been said. I have a stage 1 custom map from Rick @ Unicorn on mine and although I don't have specific figures, I know that on the road the car drives significantly better than stock, a lot more accessible torque.

As mentioned above service is great, any questions you have just ask and he will have an answer.

Yeah, could you give me some more information on the Rick @ unicorn please??

Also can you remember the price of the map??

Or Shark or even APR....LOL

The point is that there are a lot of good maps,and some good deals,but I would take a map that can be adjusted over a simple upload any day.

It's torque that kills clutches,not power,and the stock clutch may be OK at Stg1,but some people have had problems,and at Stg2 or above,an uprated clutch is pretty much essential.

Or Giac !!!

lol

Reactions: RedDejavu and S3Alex
lol...is every tuner mentioned in this thread?

Reactions: LEE69
lol...is every tuner mentioned in this thread?

No! MTM, ABT and DTUK were missed, then there is RTec who some have been raving about recently, then there are those resistors off eBay that cost about £20!

The £20 resisters make the biggest difference though!
Should get about 100 bhp with one of those😄

Cheapest and best way to make your S3 165 bhp

Reactions: S.
The £20 resisters make the biggest difference though!
Should get about 100 bhp with one of those😄

Cheapest and best way to make your S3 165 bhp

how much do you get with exhaust and cai and resistor???
:lmfao:

Yeah, could you give me some more information on the Rick @ unicorn please??

Also can you remember the price of the map??

Ricks based in Stockport, Google unicorn motor developments for the website or contact him on the forum here as he's one of the sponsors. As for price it depends what you want as he does some enticing optional extras like launch control and flat shift. His prices are very reasonable

What is the 8P2 S-Tronic like with stage 1? Will it handle the torque or do you have to change things?

What is the 8P2 S-Tronic like with stage 1? Will it handle the torque or do you have to change things?
8P3 you mean? S-tronic is good to stage 2+…

Rick @ Unicorn is around £300 for an S3 Stg 1. Almost 50% cheaper than a Revo remap before any discounts….