2011 A3 S-line BE Suspension experience

phil_w

VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all - recently back in an 8P after years away in a B7 A4 and a Q5. I had an 8P Black Edition back in 2012-2014 and I don't remember the suspension (especially front) being quite so bouncy and maybe sloppy if that is a way to describe. Just wondering if that sounds normal and that its not just my old brain not remembering properly?

I had Eibach Pros on my A4 before I sold it so maybe that is my last memory of road holding/ firmness of ride...

Any opinions welcome before I maybe start looking into an issue that may or may not e there :)

Cheers

A few months ago I replaced all of the factory S-line suspension on my car with Eibach Pro-springs and Bilstein B4 dampers.
The handling was probably sloppy by then with 12 years and 173k miles under its belt but the main reason for the work was the crashy, horrible ride that made me wince every time I hit a pot-hole or irregularity in the road, tbh it ruined the driving pleasure of an otherwise lovely car.
It’s firm now but so much nicer than it was , by all accounts it is down to the progressive Eibach springs.
I have to say the ride in my mums 2018 A1 S-line with 4K on the clock is distinctly firm (not as bad as my A3 was though) so I think you might be suffering from the curse of the factory S-line springs ?
Don’t hold me to that though,lol.