2011 a3 sb be brakes

Jambo26

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just been looking into upgrading my brakes for something bigger, I spokenvwithvmy local TPS and been quoted roughly £1800 for S3 parts. Looked on some of the threads but sick of reading about 53 and 04 reg cars not sure if these are the same. Read abit about upping disc to bigger but only needing to change discs pads and splash guards is this true with mine if so what do I need, also £1800 is way way to expensive for me.

Cheers guys

Jamie

Front calipers and carriers are 320 plus vat per side then everything else.

Cheers for this. Will I need carriers as well?

Jamie

MK5 R32 has same brake set up ( normally blue, unless re-sprayed) so look for those too.

Not sure on the carriers buddy, but some come with them, so you cant really go wrong if it all comes with it.

Yeah watching those ones, the ones on the golf forum I would bought then now soo gutted

no worries, thats what the forums here for buddy :thumbsup:

hope he sorts you out,

keep in mind this guy is a busy busy man, so you may not get a quickie response :ermm:

perseverance is key :whip:

;)

Found a couple on the bay to just waiting for 1 auction to finish then there's another couple of options

Hey guys, just another question, just wondering what's the brake disc sizes currently on my car 2011 A3 sb be 2.0TDi 140

Have a look in your service book or boot floor there's a sticker with a code in there eg.1ZF.

cross reference the code you find and look on this website. Audi A3 2004-2008 (8P) Parts

that should tell you.

I have a 2011 140 BE and ever since i had the car i wanted to upgrade my brakes as it can literally save you in a situation .I was thinking about getting S3 ones but didn't in the end as i felt it's not worth the money for a 140 .So i decided to get a pair of EBC's green-stuff and for £400 fitted i was amazed by the difference between OEM.

I have just bought a full S3 brake setup on eBay.
Payed only £500 for the kit front and back.

Looks really good. Haven't installed them yet.
Ebay is the place to look.