2011 MMI/Nav update advice please

Nathan89

Reaction score
Hi, I'm very new to all this audi tech stuff and this is my first time owning an Audi. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. I've just purchased a 2011 A6 avant c7 and it has a 2011 sd card in.

1st problem is its not picking up any satalites, I've done a bit of searching and I'm thinking it's a faulty antenna as this seems most common and I am going to remove it and dry it out see if this solves the issue if not replace it with new.

2nd thing is the update. My thoughts are I need maps - so I need an up to date sat nav system. Because I am basically clueless at this point my first thought was to get android auto and just use my phone. My wife said to see if we can update what we have cheaper than the auto android option lol (she's great like that saving us money)

Here is a picture of my current system, not sure what any of it means and what options I have so please help me lol thank you
IMG 20210630 164649
IMG 20210630 164657

I'm sure your maps need updating with an SD card. PM DJAlix on here mate, he's done it on my 2016 RS6 C7.

Reactions: Nathan89
With the RMC-type Satnav it is normally a dealer-only upgrade costing about £200. Hopefully you will get a definitive answer soon.
DJAlix might well have similar tools to the dealer.

I'm sure your maps need updating with an SD card. PM DJAlix on here mate, he's done it on my 2016 RS6 C7.
I've had a search round the forum and can't work out how to send messages lol I feel so stupid for having to ask how do i send a member a message

I've had a search round the forum and can't work out how to send messages lol I feel so stupid for having to ask how do i send a member a message
in post #4 click on the @DJAlix & his home page will open. Click on DJAlix & you will see a box that says ''start a conversation'' click on that & send him your request.

Think you need a certain number of posts before you can send a private message. Looks like you are currently at 10 and that may not be enough

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keep posting...
Think you need a certain number of posts before you can send a private message. Looks like you are currently at 10 and that may not be enough

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi just an update on getting my maps updated.

Very successful, went to see Pawel Tylkowski from VAG TUNE in Newark. Brilliant guy he installed a new gps antenna as mine was picking up no satellites and also updated my maps to 2021 using a new sd card activated to my car. He also coded my passenger reverse mirror, boot close on smart key, beeb when locking, needle swipe, start/stop, and DRL control.

All for £120

Brilliant I'm really ple
IMG 20210710 175759
IMG 20210710 175848
IMG 20210710 175823
ased.

Reactions: TheStigOnline
Hello, did he have to take the everything apart to install the antenna?
He installed the new one behind the front interior light and ran the cable down the a pillar and behind the glove box then plugged it into the back of the multi media system. I didn't get a new roof shark fin as they are prone for water getting in and breaking after a year or so