2013 8V Saloon rear demister not working

Dal

Reaction score
Hi all,
About a year ago we noticed the rear window demister stopped working which was eventually fixed by the garage we bought the car from. They finally found that the issue was the relay which they replaced all was fine. Until a few days ago when we noticed it has stopped working again.
Can’t be dealing with the hassle of dropping the car back to the garage etc so was going to change the relay myself this time. How the hell do you get to it???? (It’s R5). Does the whole of the glovebox have to be taken out? If so, how? Is there an easier way to get to it.
Thanks in advance :)

Glovebox takes minutes to remove mate, my concern would be the repeated issue, some pics of the state of the relay, is the demister remaining stuck on all the time & relay dies, this is something to test.

It wasn’t staying on all the time previously. Any tips on how to remove the glovebox please? I’ll get pics when I get to it

Hi all,
About a year ago we noticed the rear window demister stopped working which was eventually fixed by the garage we bought the car from. They finally found that the issue was the relay which they replaced all was fine. Until a few days ago when we noticed it has stopped working again.
Can’t be dealing with the hassle of dropping the car back to the garage etc so was going to change the relay myself this time. How the hell do you get to it???? (It’s R5). Does the whole of the glovebox have to be taken out? If so, how? Is there an easier way to get to it.
Thanks in advance :)
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/glovebox-removal.326004/

Reactions: Dal
Thanks. I’ve ordered some cd removal keys so will have a go as soon as they arrive.