2013 A3 MSTD to ?? for newer maps and DAB

Gazlar83

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Audi A3 Sportback which has the MSTD with Navigation and the 5.8" screen.

I am currently looking at options to retrofit to something that has the latest maps and DAB.
I know I can get Android/Carplay box to hook up to the phone for Maps like WAZE and probably some DAB device with the antenna on the screen.
But from a retrofit path, what I am after is what I would need for retrofit?

The only thing to note I guess is I am not bothered about screen size or carplay/android auto.

From reading, I would need a MIB2, 7" screen and controls. Then there will be CP removal and maps activation.
Have I got that right or can I get away with anything else? i.e. is there something like MIB 1/2 that works with 5.8"

Do you know the build date of your car?

MY14 - built from late May 2013 had DAB as standard, so late 13 plate or 63 plate onwards.

According to the sticker on the inside of the drivers door, it was built 02 2013. There are no options for it in the radio menu. Just the bands AM/FM

Fair enough.

It was an option at additional cost on cars built before May 2013. The reason for asking is that some MMI units of that age seem to ‘lose’ the DAB option in the menu even though the hardware is there, and a firmware patch is needed to re-enable it.

To your original question - I don’t know the answer to that. Sorry