2013 audi A6 alloy dilemma

Boxermad84

Reaction score
Purchased this 2013 audi A6 s line saloon a few months ago with only 28k on the clock. The alloys have had some work done in the past as I found a few paint runs while cleaning the car. I just put a tiny scuff on the osf wheel and I'm going to get it repaired. My question is, while I'm getting the one wheel done, should I just go for a full refurbishment on all 4 and possibly change the colour? I don't like black but I'm tempted with gloss white.
1953b8e40cb2701b50de31837bdc45be.jpg
6fe71efd264fd0d8fd6ef75f72a49f2f.jpg
8cfb83e41279446f6081096c207dbd45.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I found this pic, I know it's a different alloy but thought it looked sharp.
f08991206712da221387a53eefbb9a6b.jpg

Ye, might look completely different on stock rims. Can't find any other pics of stock white rims

Stick to silver or grey, anything else looks crap IMO.
Or just man up and swap over to some 20" rotors

Haha, ride is hard enough on 18" never mind 20".

They should not need to refurb the wheel if it is just a nick like that. A spot repair will suffice.

I would think it is worth finding new wheels than spending more on the stock ones.

Play with your tyre pressures for comfort as the C7 is very sensitive to tyre pressures. Will make a world of difference.

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into that! Thanks.

I have a nice set of 19s available off my 2015 S6! lol

i'm looking forward to upgrading to 20s, plus my 19s are a sod to clean

I haven't driven any A6 other than a BE with 20s (3 of them) so can't compare to the smaller wheels on an A6 but the 20s compared to my 2009 BMW 3 series with 17s is far, far smoother. I didn't find it uncomfortable at all. As for colour, I prefer black wheels on white but of course taste is very personal. Just go with what you like.

Seeing as brake dust and tar are our worst enemy I'd have though white would be the last colour to choose.
Having said that, they do look cool on that pic.
I know I'd make sure they were a nice simple design and easy to clean that's for sure.

You could always buy a couple of cans of white gloss plasti dip just to see what they looked like. Just peal it off if you're not happy.

Reactions: Boxermad84
Actually, I drove my A6 on 20s for the last month and 600 odd miles or so, it felt good, rides ok. Then I stuck the 19s back on when I took it to Audi for a service. Suddenly, the car was more agile and the ride was better, plus my mpg improved a little!

I weighed both sets of wheels, there's a 1kgish penalty per wheel going up an inch. It does look 10x better on the 20s though, but I'm enjoying the 19s for now!

I'm on 18s and must admit, the wheel arches look a bit empty! I don't want to sacrifice comfort just for bigger wheels as it Is a family car.

I've got 20s on my A6 sline and there is no problem with ride comfort it's 100% better than my previous car which was a ford smax and that was on 17s ours is a family car 3 kids dog etc like I say no problem at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Boxermad84 and Tips
Play with tyre pressure first - I drove the garage loaner once which had identical set up to mine, and I thought it was missing the Sports suspension, but when I took it back, it was the same and they said they run lower tyre pressures and it changes the car's comfort around london at least.

Reactions: Boxermad84
Unless you like cleaning your wheels a lot I'd stay away from white alloys - black/grey/silver all take some maintenance but white it's a never ending job.

Nice looking A6 btw ;)

Unless you like cleaning your wheels a lot I'd stay away from white alloys - black/grey/silver all take some maintenance but white it's a never ending job.

Nice looking A6 btw ;)
Thanks, I normally stick to a Friday evening for the wash, then a mid week blast if needed. Wheels are not my favourite part to clean so white may not be a good option. Looks the business though! Thanks! Only had it a few months and already looking for subtle mods to do. Badges are the usual go to quick mod.

Reactions: lfcrule1972