2014 a5 - Do I update my software and maps

mark-s

Reaction score
Picked the car up about a month ago and this week I've got a week off so plan on getting a few jobs done. Already booked in for some paint and other bits and pieces but I'm thinking I maybe need to update the mmi.

I've had a look on the a5oc forum regarding this and its just confused me more! The car has the B&O system so I know I have to get into the green screen to make some adjustments first. I've screenshot the software and map versions and would really appreciate someone telling me how old my versions are and eve better a link to exactly what I should be downloading. I can normally figure stuff like this out but I'm having a hard time with this.

Attachments

• mmi.jpg
    mmi.jpg
    990.9 KB · Views: 175
Picked the car up about a month ago and this week I've got a week off so plan on getting a few jobs done. Already booked in for some paint and other bits and pieces but I'm thinking I maybe need to update the mmi.

I've had a look on the a5oc forum regarding this and its just confused me more! The car has the B&O system so I know I have to get into the green screen to make some adjustments first. I've screenshot the software and map versions and would really appreciate someone telling me how old my versions are and eve better a link to exactly what I should be downloading. I can normally figure stuff like this out but I'm having a hard time with this.
You may have more luck in this forum mate https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/forums/a5-s5-forum.123/ that's for your year of A5, this is for the A5 from late 2016 when the newer shape came out...think it was 2016!?!?

But if it's working and doing the job why chance messing it up???? I remember updating an old iPhone once and it locked it up completely, one of those times when you say "Should have left it how it was...working!".