SQ5 2014 Audi SQ5 Torque restriction Issue

Krigepj

Reaction score
Good day to all

I am new to this site and am still finding my way around it. I have searched google and couple of sites to a solution to my problem, but no luck.
I started my car few days ago and noticed that something does not feel right and as it started getting to normal temperature the car lost more and more power, as if it is in limp mode. There is no fault on dash and nothing else indicating that something is wrong. I hooked it up to my VCDS and found one fault code which I can't find anywhere on the web.

8469 - Torque restriction due to coolant temperature P102A 00 [036]

The car does not overheat at all and the temperature stays at 90°C, but the car has no power. When it cools down it has bit more power, but not as it should and as soon as it starts warming up the power is gone again. Is there anybody out here that can shed some light on the subject for me please? I'm not willing to take my car the the dealer to keep replacing parts and keep paying tons of cash when they can't pin point what exactly is fault. The car is out of warranty and I know that parts on this car can get very expensive.

Thanks

Good day to all

I am new to this site and am still finding my way around it. I have searched google and couple of sites to a solution to my problem, but no luck.
I started my car few days ago and noticed that something does not feel right and as it started getting to normal temperature the car lost more and more power, as if it is in limp mode. There is no fault on dash and nothing else indicating that something is wrong. I hooked it up to my VCDS and found one fault code which I can't find anywhere on the web.

8469 - Torque restriction due to coolant temperature P102A 00 [036]

The car does not overheat at all and the temperature stays at 90°C, but the car has no power. When it cools down it has bit more power, but not as it should and as soon as it starts warming up the power is gone again. Is there anybody out here that can shed some light on the subject for me please? I'm not willing to take my car the the dealer to keep replacing parts and keep paying tons of cash when they can't pin point what exactly is fault. The car is out of warranty and I know that parts on this car can get very expensive.

Thanks
Not specific to Audi but related maybe? http://p102a.enginetroublecode.com/
And this is specific to Audi - https://www.autocodes.com/p0102_audi.html

Logically...the recipient of the engine's torque is the transmission and that has its own coolant and radiator?

Logically...the recipient of the engine's torque is the transmission and that has its own coolant and radiator?
I'll have a look at the transmission cooling system. I believe there is a solenoid valve that is in that cooling system that gives problems.

Just to report that my issue is resolved. The G684 Engine head temperature sensor was faulty. I didn't add it to the VCDS list of sensors to monitor, but today I found it and added it and behold it was reading 141°C with cold engine. Bought a new sensor and everything back to normal and car is driving like a dream again.
Thanks to all for the advice.

Reactions: SiPie and paul wev