2014 S3 Idle/Missing issue

KLR

Reaction score
Hi, new to the site as I need help with my 2014 S3 with 73k on the clock. I would like to know if anyone knows the idling range and could help.
The car starts and drives with no issue, it is serviced every year and has just passed its MOT. I always fill with Super unleaded, never the cheaper stuff!
The idling rpm on the MOT emissions document was 697rpm which I think is low and I had mentioned to Audi service that the car seems to miss/hunt when stood in traffic. They ran a diagnostic check and the camshaft sensor was on so cleared the warning light and asked me to monitor as they couldn't find an issue. On the way home from it's service and MOT I took more notice of the issue and when the engine is started it revs about 750-800 rpm but sometimes drops as low as 650rpm and feels like its going to stall so rev it a bit to bring back to life. When the air-con is on its revs higher and when off revs lower??? It's never stalled and drives great and I have no other issue other than this missing/hunting. Am I worrying other nothing??

Could be a small vacuum leak somewhere so worth checking all the rubber hoses and maybe the pcv valve/hoses.

Could be a small vacuum leak somewhere so worth checking all the rubber hoses and maybe the pcv valve/hoses.
Thanks - I'll check. When I got home and lifted the bonnet, there was a hissing sound but it stopped within seconds - could this be related?

Hissing could be anything. Loads of weird noises under bonnet, suppose the skills of a good mechanics is listening for the right kind of noises for problems.