2015/16 owners - advice needed.

RS5 JON

Reaction score
Hi all,

can you tell me if your car came with a plastic key inside the glove box? Audi dealer told me they stopped putting these in 2015.

Need info for tomorrow morning, if possible.

Thanks

JG

Hi all,

can you tell me if your car came with a plastic key inside the glove box? Audi dealer told me they stopped putting these in 2015.

Need info for tomorrow morning, if possible.

Thanks

JG
Wot... like this one (2016 S5):

20170831 083334

Reactions: RS5 JON
Is there a small chance that the dealer is simply referring to the fact that it's damn stupid to leave the plastic key in the glovebox and that really it should be put somewhere safe in case the main key is lost - like @arad85 does?

My S4 is a 2015 model and came with the plastic key

Whoop :) I take it your picking up the S5 soon then :rockwoot:

Cheers to all you guys who replied, visited the dealer today and he's agreed to supply one FOC, I should think so. :whip:

JG

Reactions: xpoweruk
Whoop :) I take it your picking up the S5 soon then :rockwoot:

Yes XP, picked it up today, been out most of the day playing with all it's toys. Can't get the BIG grin off my face, loving the paddles Etc. :yes:

Pics will be posted, obviously, in A5 Section, when I get it polished Etc over the weekend.

JG

Reactions: ruairi83, jdp1962 and xpoweruk
Nice one JG :) I look forward to the pics

Yes XP, picked it up today, been out most of the day playing with all it's toys. Can't get the BIG grin off my face, loving the paddles Etc. :yes:

Pics will be posted, obviously, in A5 Section, when I get it polished Etc over the weekend.

JG
Postt those pics here too, @JG51 AUD, we're a lazy bunch. :)

Reactions: RS5 JON and xpoweruk
Ahh... Just do it... I'm 50% up on power.... That's not a subtle jump.

Ahh... Just do it... I'm 50% up on power.... That's not a subtle jump.

When I do decide to get a map, I'll probably go Stage 1, suppose I could look at tuning box in a while. But for now, think I'll just get used to driving the car stock. :racer:

JG

Reactions: xpoweruk
If you want to keep it, stay away from tuning boxes - they use a crude method to increase power whereby the ECU is effectively in "error correction" mode to increase fuelling. The "jury is out" on whether or not this could affect long term reliability.

You should also know that your car has the newer CREC engine, which is relevant whichever tuning method you choose.

My car is coming up to 2.5 years into its 3 year warranty and no sign that I need to make a claim (or rather attempt to claim since I have a tune). I don't know of any other owners of the CREC-engined cars who have needed to make a warranty claim. So I feel the risk of tuning within the warranty period is low.

However I do wholly agree that you should get used to the car before tuning.

BTW one advantage of stage 2 is you can change the crank pulley and remove the risk of the OE pulley failing. I don't want to exaggerate the risk, but there have been enough reports of crank pulley failure to consider it a real risk.

If you want to keep it, stay away from tuning boxes - they use a crude method to increase power whereby the ECU is effectively in "error correction" mode to increase fuelling. The "jury is out" on whether or not this could affect long term reliability.

You should also know that your car has the newer CREC engine, which is relevant whichever tuning method you choose.

My car is coming up to 2.5 years into its 3 year warranty and no sign that I need to make a claim (or rather attempt to claim since I have a tune). I don't know of any other owners of the CREC-engined cars who have needed to make a warranty claim. So I feel the risk of tuning within the warranty period is low.

However I do wholly agree that you should get used to the car before tuning.

BTW one advantage of stage 2 is you can change the crank pulley and remove the risk of the OE pulley failing. I don't want to exaggerate the risk, but there have been enough reports of crank pulley failure to consider it a real risk.

Cheers for all the info @Dippy, think I'll be staying away from tuning boxes then, I'll be doing a bit of googling over the weekend to get more info on the car.

On another note, I see your car is Monsoon Grey, I've got nearly a full medium sized Chipex paint repair & a nearly full Genuine Audi touch up surplus to requirements, you can have FOC if you want to pay the p&p. pm me if interested.

JG

Here's a teaser, wheels have been changed since taking this pic. More to come in A5 section.

Test2

JG