2015 Audi A3 1.6tdi 8V Saloon

DenisOLeary

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just changed from a 2007 Toyota Auris 1.4 petrol car to a 2015 Audi A3 1.6tdi S-Line and I am having a weird issue with the car.
Please keep in mind I have never driven a diesel!!

A little bit about the car
Year: 2015
Model: A3 8V S-Line Saloon
Gearbox: Manual
Milage: 90k miles

The issue is the car likes to randomly stall, When I was leaving a stop yesterday onto a moterway the car out of no where randomly stalled in 1st gear, when I put the clutch down quick the Start/Stop restarted the car and I was able to take off quickly without an accident but it was close,

Today going into work while partking I put my car into 1st gear and again while slowly moving the car it randomly stalled, again putting down the clutch the Start/Stop system kicked in and restarted the car for me

I have only had the car around a week and these two times were the only times I have ever had this do this? this is also my first ever Audi !!

No lights come on the dash, nothing beeps at me in the car either, Like I mentioned the car does have Start/Stop and its also got a few extras, the car was always serviced at an audi dealer until I bought the car.

I bought the car from a private car garage but I have a year warranty on it from them from Mapfre with breakdown assistance

Would anyone know what is going on ? I have been driving it like I drove the auris and I never had the auris stall on me in the years I had the car, Before I bring it back to where I bought it (around 2 hours away from me!) I would like to know has anyone else had the issue that I am facing with the car randomly dying, I have spent the past 5 hours on google and can't find anything about the 1.6tdi engines doing this?

Thanks again

You're probably just adjusting to driving a Diesel engined vehicle, as the clutch and bite will be different.
A Diesel doesnt have to be revved as hard to move somewhere - however it all depends on your exsisting driving style.

Try putting your foot down on the accelarator first, and then releasing your clutch, instead of getting your bite first, then putting your foot down and see if you don't have this issue :)

Congrats on your purchase though, lovely vehicle! :)

As Jack said above, diesels are actually a lot more forgiving when pulling away, you need a a lot less gas/revs to pull away. Some cars you can pull away with just clutch, but not really advised

It's just a case of adapting to the new car, but find biting point and balance the gas with this and slowly release the clutch as you increase the gas and you'll be away!

Nice car and enjoy it!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk