Asp3ct

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I'm looking at this 2015 Audi A3 2.0T FSI Quattro Premium and it does have the DSG but not the drive select. Now the thing is that I asked the seller if they knew if the car had launch control and they have no clue. It also has the sport package (or whatever you call it) if it makes any difference, so like the D/S and M on the shifter.

So I went through the owner manual online for that specific model this morning and let me quote what it says for launch control:
Pull the selector lever back out of the O/S position briefly to select the S position, or press it toward the right into the tiptronic position or select the Dynamic driving mode in drive select* ~page 112.
(Page 88)

So I'm unsure as to how to interpret this. I'm guessing that it means it has to have at LEAST one of these options to have it or to be able to launch. I find it pretty difficult to find information online and elsewhere. I even called an Audi dealership here where I am and they had no clue.

Does anyone know if you actually need drive select to have launch control? I'm seeing a lot of contradiction when I search online.

Thank you guys!

Don't know but if you take it for a test drive you can find out if it works.
In my S3 step one is to select Dynamic drive mode, step two disable Asc, step three put gearbox in Sport.
So in a car without drive select all you can do is try disabling ASC, putting gearbox in sport, holding the brake and flooring the accel. If it revs up to about 4k and holds there until you release the brake then you've probably got LC. If you feel the brakes holding the car back and the revs don't build beyond about 2k the you're probably out of luck

I just noticed in my owners manual it says the following about launch control :
"Launch control programme"
"Applies to vehicles: with launch control / 6 speed s-tronic gearbox / diesel engines 125kw and higher / petrol engines 140kw and higher."

Sorry it took so long.

So I finally found a road that was empty and decided to try it out. I completely turned off ESC, put the shifter down in sport mode, pressed the brakes completely down and gas pedal at the same time and the revs went up to about 3k (which is exactly the right RPM's from what I could find online this week) and then I released the brakes and WOW, yeah it launches pretty freaking nicely if you ask me. First launch I did 0-100kmh in 5.8 seconds, which I consider very good since my last car was about probably something like 10 seconds for a 0-100kmh haha.

So I guess if you have the 2.0 TFSI engine, S-Tronic DSG transmission (Quattro) and the Sport mode then you DO have launch control and don't need to have the Audi Drive Select feature.

Here's a picture I took last night of my baby:
Inked20220309 205702   Copy LI

Reactions: Gruffalo