2015 Audi A6 advice

19ryanh93

Reaction score
Hi all

Moving over from an A3 (after it’s been written off) and Looking at getting an A6 avant found a well spec 2015 3.0tdi Quattro. It’s on 90k miles do they start to get any issues around that mark or are they usually quite good. It’s a 1 owner FASH car.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all

Moving over from an A3 (after it’s been written off) and Looking at getting an A6 avant found a well spec 2015 3.0tdi Quattro. It’s on 90k miles do they start to get any issues around that mark or are they usually quite good. It’s a 1 owner FASH car.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caveat I'm by no means an expert, from what I read prior to buying the same car, the engine is pretty reliable, I would keep an eye or ear out for timing chain issues though, mine has gone at 100k.. This is only the second vag car I've had with chains rather than belts, the last one being a 97 golf vr6... Two out of two with plastic guides that have failed

Which 3.0tdi?
The lower powered ones have an stronic gearbox which needs serviced every 38k so if there’s no evidence of that I would walk away. At 90k I would be expecting things like suspension components like shocks,springs and bushes needing replaced as these are almost 2 ton barges. Also brakes wear quite fast as it’s a heavy car. I went through a set of discs and pads in under 30ks but I didn’t hang around.