2015+ Audi B&O Speaker Upgrade

Jackal28

2015 A3 Premium Plus Quattro 2.0T
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have already updated the subwoofer in my 2015 Audi A3 Premium Plus Quattro Sedan with B&O Speaker system.
I removed the factory 10" subwoofer (which looks more like a resonator in a small plastic enclosure) and used those output lines (retain factory control) to install a JL Audio LOC-22 to an Infinity K1000 dropped to 800RMS (lowest wattage I could get it with 2 volts input). Had to lower the LOC to 2 volts just to get 800 watts out of the amp, but I wouldn't go below that voltage.

I used an enclosed 12" Dayton Audio HO DVC subwoofer which is actually only rated to 700RMS, but handles the 800 watts just fine. Thanks to this forum, I found this woofer and am extremely happy with it, especially for the price. It sounds amazing, is fast and accurate, and complements the entire setup perfectly. You can see pictures of the install below and feel free to ask any questions if you'd like.

I made sure to use sound deadener (Noico butyl based) on the trunk, lid, under rear seat, and the rear deck. I still intend on deadening all of the doors. The deadening took some time, but was totally worth it in the end. It even sounds different when I simply close the trunk. I plan on getting custom exhaust that I had done on my earlier TT model so the trunk deadening was a necessity.

What I'm looking for now is speaker upgrades starting with the midrange and then the tweeters. For the midrange, I'm looking at the Hertz ML 700.3 which all told, will require 5 total, but I will be doing the center speake:Dr first as I am getting some speaker distortion from that specific one. Its actually more of a rattle, but I have read that SOMEONE has done this with good results.

For the tweeters, of which there are 4, I am going to attempt to adapt the ScanSpeak D3004/6040-00 berillium tweeters. Not sure if I'll be able to modify enough to fit them in the front pillars, but I will cutout, etc to get them in the rear door as those tweeters are almost exactly at ear level. Havent decided on a second option for the pillar tweeters, but if anyone has any ideas that are on par w/ the ScanSpeaks' I would like to hear it, but NO on the Focal Utopias as yes they are amazing, but Wayyyyyy overpriced.

I am also looking at Hertz Mille for the 6.5" and 8", which may require other modifications.

So, all said an done 13 more speakers to replace, and I will be doing it as money becomes available.

If anyone has any ideas or experience with upgrades to the B&O speaker system, please let me know.

The system sounds great right now, but, obviously, it could still use some work. I think the amp is fine, and it may have some issues with the MMI at 41000, but Ive made due using 48000 sample rates and it seems to have corrected most of the MMI issues.

Any ideas or experience upgrading speakers in the Audi B&O systems are welcome.

Also, if you've done any upgrades, I'd love to hear what you've done and see any corresponding photos.

Those who think the B&O system sucks and are using Bluetooth, I've heard it all before, stop using bluetooth or fix your gain. I am currently using the car's harddrive and 11GB of music to shuffle through is enough. I do wish it played lossless though. If your having issues with your MMI I may be able to offer some advice/ tweaks so feel free to comment. Hopefully we can stay constructive and help each-other out.:D
open
open
open
open
open
open
open
open

Just incase images didn't work

Attachments

• FullAddonPic.jpg
    FullAddonPic.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 279
  • AmpSystem.jpg
    AmpSystem.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 218
  • PSviewSubBumpers.jpg
    PSviewSubBumpers.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 200
  • rear seatNoico.jpg
    rear seatNoico.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 218
  • TrunkNoico.jpg
    TrunkNoico.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 233
  • PowerAddon.jpg
    PowerAddon.jpg
    1,002.2 KB · Views: 240
  • FactoryPwrPlus.jpg
    FactoryPwrPlus.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 232
Reactions: glasgowdubber
Also, if you guys know of any brackets for the 3-3.5" speakers please let me know. As for the 6" and 8" I already know those so feel free to request if you would like to know what they are.