2015 RS3 Interior Trim......

Andy Dilworth

Reaction score
Hi all!
I've just ordered my RS3 in Catalunya red with the black gloss exterior trim, mirrors and alloys so you get the whole red & black theme! However, in one or two reviews I have seen the interior door & dashboard inlays in red (picture below) but couldn't for the life of me find the option when ordering mine!!

Any ideas if you can specify this or is it a post sale thing??

Thanks guys!

I've never seen red inlays before.

The only inlays available just now are the standard 3D black (standard no cost option) or the aluminium race (£100 option).

I believe that carbon effect will be added to the inlay option later this year.

I've never seen red inlays before.

The only inlays available just now are the standard 3D black (standard no cost option) or the aluminium race (£100 option).

I believe that carbon effect will be added to the inlay option later this year.
Hmmmm, they were the only inlay options I could see too.....but I really like the red inlays! Must be a post sale thing........?!

I think it's factory fitted, but not being offered as an option. Lots of cars have been pictured with all sorts of unorderable features. They are all the pre-production test mules that Audi UK (and other countries) order to see what they like and will make available to their territory.
Carbon inlays are definitely an option in Germany for example, so with some hard work you'd likely be able to order the parts to retrofit carbon. The red inlays shown I've seen once before, which makes me think it is probably only 1 or 2 cars with it and I've not seen it on any other countries options lists, so it's likely going to be tougher to order as it may not be a factory option and a true one off they made (likely to see if it went with the RS Design Pack).
All that said, having these simple, small, flat parts wrapped post delivery is likely to only cost you £100 or so.

Reactions: Andy Dilworth
Could it be a Audi exclusive option? I saw pics of red bits in the RS5 but never saw it as an option so i wrapped it myself in satin red in my A5 and it now looks awesome!

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
Carbon inlays are definitely an option in Germany for example, so with some hard work you'd likely be able to order the parts to retrofit carbon.

That might be possible to obtain the for the door inlays from Germany, but the dash inlays are handed (RHD/LHD); You going to need to look further afield than Germany, to find out if they have been productionised for a RHD car and for which country:

Ireland, Isle of Man, Guernsey, Jersey, Malta, Cyprus, Australia, Bahamas, Brunei, Barbados, Hong Kong, Jamaica, Singapore, New Zealand, India, St. Kitts and Nevis, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Republic of Mauritius, South Africa and Trinidad & Tobago drive on the left,

Reactions: josedebardi and Andy Dilworth
Does anybody have any contacts in the Wiltshire area who would be able to wrap these inserts? I would have a go myself but I would prefer a "professional" job dong on it!!!

Might have had a go on my old Vauxhall Nova as a spotty teenager but not on a brand new £45k RS3!! Lol

Reactions: Nimbus265 and DAYTONA 500
Does anybody have any contacts in the Wiltshire area who would be able to wrap these inserts? I would have a go myself but I would prefer a "professional" job dong on it!!!

Might have had a go on my old Vauxhall Nova as a spotty teenager but not on a brand new £45k RS3!! Lol

Little way to go, but well worth going to as he's good http://www.utws.co.uk
He did the boot lid of my S1.

Im with you on this Andy, love the red inserts and will be getting them wrapped at the same time as getting my roof done.

Better pic... I do love it too, especially in combination with the red exterior, but works very well with back exterior. What I don't understand is the lack of a red seats option, or at least a bi colored seat without having to go Audi exclusive. Its a RS for Christ sake. Where is the wow factor? The gauges on the dashboard look the same as a basic A3. The S3 grey with silver arrows look more special. A touch of gloss black on the gauges a là RS4 wouldn't hurt. Sorry but Audi is becoming a bit lazy, if they continue this trend they will loose ground to the M division, to AMG and now Alfa Romeo.

galleries

Better pic... I do love it too, especially in combination with the red exterior, but works very well with back exterior. What I don't understand is the lack of a red seats option, or at least a bi colored seat without having to go Audi exclusive. Its a RS for Christ sake. Where is the wow factor? The gauges on the dashboard look the same as a basic A3. The S3 grey with silver arrows look more special. A touch of gloss black on the gauges a là RS4 wouldn't hurt. Sorry but Audi is becoming a bit lazy, if they continue this trend they will loose ground to the M division, to AMG and now Alfa Romeo.

988661_dsc3890.jpg

Reactions: ThatOneDude
Another one... to me the best combo so far. It looks as almost special as it should. Its time Audi starts offering exclusive seats for the RS models, just as BMW does. And one thing that bothers me too much is the steering, which puts alcantara in the wrong place. This and the already mentioned ordinary gauges...

_dsc3872_0.jpg

The RS design pack does not include body colour inlays.

Ah yes. That's true.

Looks like it's a 950€ option then as per the audi.de configurator.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-21 at 19.33.49.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-21 at 19.33.49.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 365
Another one... to me the best combo so far. It looks as almost special as it should. Its time Audi starts offering exclusive seats for the RS models, just as BMW does. And one thing that bothers me too much is the steering, which puts alcantara in the wrong place. This and the already mentioned ordinary gauges...

_dsc3872_0.jpg
They are exactly the same seats I've gone for on my Catalunya Red/Gloss Black RS3......looks sweet, am 100% getting the inserts wrapped In red though.....

Glad to know I'm not the only one to want these inserts! And to have chosen Catalunya Red! At the moment my spec cost is increasing by the day :(

Reactions: Andy Dilworth
Damn, i don't want those inserts as well. Looks so good. Literally the best thing i've ever seen! Now i'll just silently dream about it :(