2015 RS3 Rear Camera retrofit - Whats involved

Nickyc

Reaction score
As in title really, is it a big job ? How much does it normally cost supplied and fitted, if anyone has had it done ?
Is the FL system and MIB different to the PFL , is the screen the same? if so what is the difference between the 2 and can the FL MIB be fitted to the PFL or will it cause issues?
I have the top level MIB in my PFL with the parking sensors which i would want working still with the camera. Seen a few pics online and I actually seem to prefer the full screen camera on the PFL compared to the one I saw for the facelift which didnt fill the whole screen. Are the screens thee same for both or does the facelift have a better resolution than my top spec one in the PFL ?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Nick

As in title really, is it a big job ? How much does it normally cost supplied and fitted, if anyone has had it done ?
Is the FL system and MIB different to the PFL , is the screen the same? if so what is the difference between the 2 and can the FL MIB be fitted to the PFL or will it cause issues?
I have the top level MIB in my PFL with the parking sensors which i would want working still with the camera. Seen a few pics online and I actually seem to prefer the full screen camera on the PFL compared to the one I saw for the facelift which didnt fill the whole screen. Are the screens thee same for both or does the facelift have a better resolution than my top spec one in the PFL ?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Nick

@DJAlix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28052D7C 1D03 4C9A 92B5 36F7085594D6

Attachments

• 37CCFE6E-0EE0-4A19-A6E0-4A1761833FCB.jpeg
    37CCFE6E-0EE0-4A19-A6E0-4A1761833FCB.jpeg
    740.1 KB · Views: 163
Hi Nickyc

This is what the rear view camera looks like in my PFL 2016 & other image shows what’s involved..

Hi Nickyc

This is what the rear view camera looks like in my PFL 2016 & other image shows what’s involved..
Thanks, did you use the holder for the module in the boot as per factory fitment ? I hear some dont use it and locate the module at the front of the car, I basically want it done as if it was factory fitted including the factory holder to fit the module in the boot ( not sure where in the boot it goes though)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Nickyc

Yes I used the holder as per factory fitment, as it goes I have a spare holder which you are welcome to have for free if you so wish..?

I can give you all the part numbers I used if you want also. Be aware there are 2 types of cameras PFL & FL versions. You can use the face lift version but you will need a different camera control module..

Sorry in answer to your question, the camera control module holder is situated on drivers side in the boot area. Kinda behind the rear light.

Hi Poole, that would be very nice of you, I was planning on the PFL camera anyway as think it looks better and still makes it a bit standard looking. Would love the holder if you dont mind sending it, pm me and I will send over my address and some money to to your account to cover the postage.

Not sure if its true or not as only thought there was one camera used for the PFL and a different one for the FL, but i also saw on a retrofit site that they said there were 2 cameras available for the PFL, the later one was a much better quality but needed an adaptor to work with the existing optical sensors. Is this true does anyone know ?

Hmmm.....

From what I understand there is 2 cameras available PFL & FL.. Although as I said you could use the Facelift camera but... It has different connections as there is no control module as it’s built into the camera..

I purchased PFL Camera 8V0 827 566 paid £130 2 years ago.. If you need the other part numbers let me know..?