2016 8V A3/S3 Facelift Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chadley71

Reaction score
Hi there

Really considering ordering a new S3 this month so I can in theory take delivery before next April when my Tax runs out on my current mk2 3.2 TT Coupe.

SO my question is what is the latest rumours/speculation about the facelift version coming out next summer?

Do not want to be paying off a new car that is out of date within 12 months tbh.

Doubt it will happen, and even if it does, they will revise very little and the things like the new TT Dash/HUD will be an expensive optional anyway. Buy now, it won't matter.

Hi there

Really considering ordering a new S3 this month so I can in theory take delivery before next April when my Tax runs out on my current mk2 3.2 TT Coupe.

SO my question is what is the latest rumours/speculation about the facelift version coming out next summer?

Do not want to be paying off a new car that is out of date within 12 months tbh.
Audi should announce the changes very soon as to what these will be,fresher looking front and rear lights front grill???

Reactions: Simon L
Minor exterior styling, maybe the odd PS or two, new infotainment platform.

Most significant is whatever flicks your switch!

For me it would be the infotainment platform and virtual cockpit option, because I like configuring and playing with things.

Reactions: Buzz73 and Rob2k68
I predict the 2016 changes will be to the engine management system - so that it doesn't give dodgy emissions readings.

I'll get me coat.

Reactions: bluemoona3246 and jmwatters
You might get dynamic turn indicators finally. A real shame the current 8V didn't get it even though it's 2011 Concept car had it.

You might get dynamic turn indicators finally. A real shame the current 8V didn't get it even though it's 2011 Concept car had it.
If it's getting new tail lights it's getting sweeping indicators like the new facelift Q3

Hope they are a direct swap then!

Reactions: john71482 and thebluefox
If it's getting new tail lights it's getting sweeping indicators like the new facelift Q3

Would be very surprised if these aren't on the facelift.

Wonder what the chances are of seeing the digital dash hit the options list too - or would that be too big a jump for a facelift?

They've done some slight changes already, though I don't know why they removed the "S3" from the rev cluster??

I've driven one recently and it feels slightly faster! I like the Audi ring lights under the door and the metal buttons for navigating the MMI.

As for out of date; think you're over thinking it, they won't do a massive change by next year.

My dealer phoned yesterday advising me of some changes to the standard features.
I ordered about 3 weeks ago and he told me the electric seats were standard and the technology pack is no longer available and neither are the roof rails.... Anyone aware of changes happening now?

Tech pack not available ????
I would of thought leccy seats being standard would mean a price increase.

Tech pack not available ????
I would of thought leccy seats being standard would mean a price increase.

I agree, it's a bit odd. I ordered a fairly high spec S3 SB (£40k) It's starting to sound like he's got a car in the system and he's trying to flog me this one with a few bits missing. I'm not sure....

No tech pack?! That cant be right. Are they just calling it a different name? I'm going to have a look on the Audi configure thingy.

Just specked up a Sportback with techpack and roof rails....

Going back to the OP's question (yeah I know we all drop dead with amazement as Simon L actually wants to stay on-topic!!) ............when it comes to technology I'm afraid all of us are out of date within 12 months!

..............it's a never ending cycle and if you held off for the latest spec/improvements/tweaks or whatever you'd never but anything :)

Reactions: Blackwhite
Just buttering you up to sell you a pre built car

Reactions: gamegenie
They've done some slight changes already, though I don't know why they removed the "S3" from the rev cluster??

I've driven one recently and it feels slightly faster! I like the Audi ring lights under the door and the metal buttons for navigating the MMI.

As for out of date; think you're over thinking it, they won't do a massive change by next year.

When did they remove S3 from the cluster ? I had June build and picked up in July and whats this about Audi Ring lights under doors ?

Are the Audi light rings under the doors standard then ?

My Model Year 16 does not have these even though it has the interior light pack so are we sure they are there ???

Definitely not standard kit at the mo...............think there might be a bit of beer talk on here....................and it's not me for once!! lol

..............might well be standard on the next version though..............subject to a price increase no doubt!! ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06
I have seen them on a TT and are quite cool.

Under door lights that project 4 rings logo.

I have seen them on a TT and are quite cool.

Under door lights that project 4 rings logo.

Yeah I agree mate, they look pretty sweet!

Rob2k68 recently retro-fitted them on his S3.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Snake Pliskin
Just buttering you up to sell you a pre built car

Bit of an update on my order. The dealer phoned earlier and has now confirmed "admin" got my order wrong and roof rails are still available. So I've asked for all this in writing confirming my "standard" electric seats and tech pack are now free. Not only that my delivery date has also slipped to "I'll get back to you". So I think it's fair to say he was trying to shift a pre built car, cheeky ******!

Definitely not standard kit at the mo...............think there might be a bit of beer talk on here....................and it's not me for once!! lol

..............might well be standard on the next version though..............subject to a price increase no doubt!! ;)

Hi mate 2 of the 3 cars i sat in last week had them,is it a optional extra ..?yes of course it is...my son said l could get them retro fitted?l said No thanks, my car stay's as it Lay's...more money out of the new car replacement kitty..lol

When did they remove S3 from the cluster ? I had June build and picked up in July and whats this about Audi Ring lights under doors ?

Mine is 64 3dr, I've got a 65 SB loan right now, there are four rings when you open the door. Double checked and the S3 logo is there, I couldn't see it! :footy:

I would assume it is standard, pic:

image.jpg

Reactions: Shaun S3 8v 2016, Simon L and Jassyo06
Off, way Off topic but l was in a RS3 WITH...Mono Kitty and l thought it looked cheap....didnt feel like Faux Leather more real Polyamide......

All the same..Cracking photo A3-Rider....

And yeah it costs extra

Many Thanks for the feedback all and sorry for late reply so I am not bothered about peeps going off topic here.
Today I have decided to go for 2.0TFSI S line Mk3 TT instead. Will ergo the S badge and quattro but at least I will be getting the matix leds and new dash set up. Would be looking at the new TT in a couple of years time anyhow tbh, the S3 was a sort of stop gap really. Sure the TT won't be getting a facelift for a while too at least too.

Cheers all. Btw those under door ring lights are superb.

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
Wise Choice indeed...Matrix Led Headlights are awesome,car looks awesome love it in silver enjoy

Hald

"Haldex" would really look out of place and leave most" NORMAL" Audi car buyers...Scratching there head's...lol
Some of us don't know what haldex is ... ;) :D

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Blackwhite
Many Thanks for the feedback all and sorry for late reply so I am not bothered about peeps going off topic here.
Today I have decided to go for 2.0TFSI S line Mk3 TT instead. Will ergo the S badge and quattro but at least I will be getting the matix leds and new dash set up. Would be looking at the new TT in a couple of years time anyhow tbh, the S3 was a sort of stop gap really. Sure the TT won't be getting a facelift for a while too at least too.

Cheers all. Btw those under door ring lights are superb.

I had that for a few weeks; very nice set up, gets plenty of looks and attention, amazing handling, practically a baby r8 but the power was very depressing, just lacked in so many ways. I hope you won't regret it!! Does it not have quattro with it? I'm sure they do...

I had nothing to do with BH going "proper" quattro!! :p

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jassyo06 and Blackwhite
Mine is 64 3dr, I've got a 65 SB loan right now, there are four rings when you open the door. Double checked and the S3 logo is there, I couldn't see it! :footy:

I would assume it is standard, pic:

image.jpg
so when did this get changed from just standard light? My June build doesn't have so when did they change?

so when did this get changed from just standard light? My June build doesn't have so when did they change?

Just to clarify that the rings or Quattro illumination projected from the bottom of the door is an Audi accessory item called Audi Beam. It is very easy to fit and replaces the standard door puddle lamp that is fitted when your car has Interior Light Pack option. They are NOT standard.

A lot of dealers are fitting them to their showroom cars which is probably causing confusion.

Reactions: Simon L, Bristle Hound, veeeight and 1 other person
It's a optional extra the can be retro fitted if you have the interior light pack

Reactions: Rob2k68
Status
Not open for further replies.