2016 front left clicking noise accelerating Not CV axle/bearing

Robert S

Reaction score
Hi, 2016 a4 b9 avant 2.0 tdi Deta, stronic , fwdFollowing a complete overhaul of the front suspension - all suspension arms including sway bar links, inner+ out tie rods, sway bar bushings, shocks and strut mounts, I got rid of the problems but got a new one: Clicking noise from the left front side when I accelerate with the steering wheel turned to the right, more accelerating +more steering = more noise. Usually between 30-60 km / h. It increases in frequency as the speed picks up. It can also be heard discreetly when accelerating hard in a straight line. I swapped the CV axles with each other, tested a new CV axle, checked the flanges in the gearbox, changed the left wheel bearing - the noise is unchanged. Suspension test, geometry - everything is ok. Give me an idea please, what could it be?
video is with the steering wheel turning to the right, 2-3-4 gears, small incline

Hi, 2016 a4 b9 avant 2.0 tdi Deta, stronic , fwdFollowing a complete overhaul of the front suspension - all suspension arms including sway bar links, inner+ out tie rods, sway bar bushings, shocks and strut mounts, I got rid of the problems but got a new one: Clicking noise from the left front side when I accelerate with the steering wheel turned to the right, more accelerating +more steering = more noise. Usually between 30-60 km / h. It increases in frequency as the speed picks up. It can also be heard discreetly when accelerating hard in a straight line. I swapped the CV axles with each other, tested a new CV axle, checked the flanges in the gearbox, changed the left wheel bearing - the noise is unchanged. Suspension test, geometry - everything is ok. Give me an idea please, what could it be?
video is with the steering wheel turning to the right, 2-3-4 gears, small incline
Did you fixed this problem?

I did many checks, after swapping the CV axles left/right the noise became lighter. Time Will tell

I hope you fix it at the end. I have one question when you tried to fix this problem tpi 2044902/5 for the first time and when you tried 2nd time did you had any problems after because after first repair creacking come back and now is even lauder and a litle bit difrent noise. Did you had same experience?