2016 RS3 non-starter/"do not exceed 4000rpm"

monkeyboy_marcus

Reaction score
Interesting experience this evening in the snow. Driving at slow speed around the car park when the car suddenly stalled. Weird, I thought and tried to restart. Engine just turned over repeatedly, even when I stopped turning the key and then I got an error message with "do not exceed 4000 rpm". Tried 3 or 4 times, took the key out, locked/unlocked the car etc, same result/message. Subsequently, after about 10 mins of sitting there in the shop car park, I tried it again and it started completely normally. This has knocked my trust in the car quite a bit and I'll have the dealer look at it under warranty ASAP but anyone else experienced anything similar? Despite this, it handled the 2" of snow with no problem up/dawn hills etc when others were struggling and on stock tyres.

A few people had instances of the car stalling when almost brand new. Not heard of it happening after that though + never happened to me.

TX.

In case anyone ever encounters the same issue, it was a faulty fuel pressure sensor, replaced under warranty.

Reactions: xpoweruk and Spaceman_RS3
In case anyone ever encounters the same issue, it was a faulty fuel pressure sensor, replaced under warranty.

Think that happened to my S3 8V whilst doing 30mph in heavy traffic on the M4 between J4 and 5. I coasted to the hard shoulder and the car cut off. ****** scary and audi fixed it but audi uk did nothing, not even an apology. shocking

Interesting experience this evening in the snow. Driving at slow speed around the car park when the car suddenly stalled. Weird, I thought and tried to restart. Engine just turned over repeatedly, even when I stopped turning the key and then I got an error message with "do not exceed 4000 rpm". Tried 3 or 4 times, took the key out, locked/unlocked the car etc, same result/message. Subsequently, after about 10 mins of sitting there in the shop car park, I tried it again and it started completely normally. This has knocked my trust in the car quite a bit and I'll have the dealer look at it under warranty ASAP but anyone else experienced anything similar? Despite this, it handled the 2" of snow with no problem up/dawn hills etc when others were struggling and on stock tyres.

What age is your car? This problem seems to be with RS3's all around the same age.

I did a thread on this last year. Search for 'RS3 Gremlins' thread, my summary is in post number 36.

There have been quite a few cars with this issue now, most seem to be 16 reg cars.

Reactions: Scotty2011