2016 TT VC Firmware Upgrade Question

Ritchieetorres

Reaction score
Good morning/evening all!

I recently purchased a 2016 Audi TT Coupe with 53,400 miles. A few weeks ago I lost my Mercedes-Benz CLA250 to a flood and decided to get this car :)

Now, it seems like I am running an older version of the VC and am a little confused on the firmware upgrades.

I am seeing that people CAN upgrade their firmwares themselves but then I saw that the TT firmware is tied with the immobilizer meaning firmware upgrade can only be done at the dealer.

Can I simply walk into an Audi dealer, request to have the firmware upgraded, pay the price, and call it a day or would they downright refuse because it isn't 'necessary'?

What is the difference between the VC Firmware and MMI firmware? Something tells me it's the same.

I have an 'Inspection in 500miles' message on the dashboard which I'm guessing is vehicle service is due, would they update the firmware after/during the service?

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

20211116 234647

This is what I am currently running.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: acer54
MMI firmware is for telephone, navigation, radio (the box in your glove box

VC firmware is for virtual cockpit MMI use VC as display screen for function that MMI responsible.

By the way, why do you want to update it. Normally you will not gain any new features.