Facelift 2017 Exhaust Heat Shield removal

1664Hatter

Reaction score
Hi all,

has anyone removed the heat shield/bracket below on a 2017 Facelift model? This is to enable the revised 2018 heat shield to be installed, and therefore install the 034 intake heat shield.

Upload 2020 6 30 9 33 30

Cheers.

I had this issue on my 69 plate so they have either kept this design or switch back again @1664Hatter with some bending and manipulation of the 034 heat shield it can be made to fit with just 1 of the 2 screws attaching it but it does touch the inlet pipe which i was not 100% happy with so what i have done is leave out the 034 shield and have put some forge Motorsport gold heat wrap tape on the underside of the intake tube to offer some protection from radiant heat and so far so good.

Reactions: 1664Hatter
I had this issue on my 69 plate so they have either kept this design or switch back again @1664Hatter with some bending and manipulation of the 034 heat shield it can be made to fit with just 1 of the 2 screws attaching it but it does touch the inlet pipe which i was not 100% happy with so what i have done is leave out the 034 shield and have put some forge Motorsport gold heat wrap tape on the underside of the intake tube to offer some protection from radiant heat and so far so good.

Interesting.

Thanks, it comes with the intake so not the end of the world if I can't use it. Just wanted to protect the carbon pipe as much as possible.

Cheers.

Interesting.

Thanks, it comes with the intake so not the end of the world if I can't use it. Just wanted to protect the carbon pipe as much as possible.

Cheers.
Yea i was a little worried about heat although it should be ok so went with the gold tape to be a bit of a middle ground

Reactions: 1664Hatter
Bolt locations.

932a5eb0edfa38bec5c5b1d080f801ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, it's staying where it is then! :) I may look at modifying the 034 heat shield.
The ideal mod is to bend it in on itself slightly to stop any contact with the firewall and other exhaust sensor wires and then cutting the left side of the shield back to the point it wont come into contact with the inlet pipe you then use just the right mounting screw and this is enough to hold it in place tight. much better than the £120 and effort of fitting with the other oem heatshield.