2017 Facelift A3 2.0 saloon Black Edition S-Line reverse dipping mirror.

3939active

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
An important feature on our A3 2.0 Black Edition saloon has suddenly stopped working. The passenger side reverse dipping mirror was working fine when we arrived home. But when we used it the following day - Nothing! We have tried re-setting it by using the mirror switch on the drivers door and switching off and removing the key. Still nothing! We rely on this feature to avoid damage to the alloys. I'm trying to avoid involving my dealer and thus having to wait a week or two to have it looked at.

Has anyone experienced this malfunction and, if so, how did you solve the problem? I seem to recall someone else on here reporting the same problem fairly recently.

Thanks!

This maybe a daft question but what position is the Mirror joystick in?

It needs to point to 'L' for the mirror to dip when you select reverse.

My S3 had a similar issue, after spending an hour or so at dealers the other week......I found that adjusting the mirror when in reverse seemed to 'fix' in that the mirror then rose back when not in reverse and seemed to go back to where I had put it when I next reversed!

My S3 had a similar issue, after spending an hour or so at dealers the other week......I found that adjusting the mirror when in reverse seemed to 'fix' in that the mirror then rose back when not in reverse and seemed to go back to where I had put it when I next reversed!
Yes - ditto. Mine has done this a couple of times. Just put it in reverse and adjust the mirror to where you want it and it's fine again.
No idea what causes this.

Reactions: kevpuk