Q5 2017 Q5 seat help

a3 turbp

Reaction score
Hi all, I’m new to a 2017 Q5. I bought the car a few weeks ago and have also bought some SQ5 quilted leather seats. I fitted the seats and everything was great the electri adjustment worked perfect. Then a week later both the seats stopped working. Does anyone know if there’s a reason for this or if there’s a cure?

Yeah probably fuses blown, were your originals fully electric or just electric lumbar?

Also if they're the intelligent seats with modules, the CP may have kicked in disabling features, usually they still allow movement, which is why I reckon its fuse related, but you cant just fit bigger new fuses, the circuit isnt maybe designed for the higher load, it must be checked properly to avoid any burnt wiring.

They were just electric lumber. I can’t even find where the fuses for the seats either. I’ve got the car booked in at a auto electrician next week but I thought I’d ask here first incase anyone’s knows of any cure

That's the issue imho, circuits aren't rated for fully electric.

Whereabouts are you based?

What other work you need doing as I am from Birmingham too and might be able to help.
Most important I need the seats working! Other than that I need the folding mirrors coding in and the since I’ve changed the door cards to SQ5 ones the ambient lighting in the doors as stopped so not sure if they need coding due to being multi colour maybe?