2018 A3 Quattro sedan

Alan Ahern

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals, I am an Englishman living in Lviv, Ukraine, and I recently bought a low mileage (18k km) 2018 A3 2.0 (220bhp) quattro Premium Plus sedan from USA. I am now looking at ways of improving what is already a good car. I want to increase power slightly - improve sound and reduce wheel arch gap. One of the problems is the very, and I mean very, bad roads here so massive reduction in ride height would probably break my spine! Any suggestions would be very welcome. As I say, I'm not looking for massive power but would like a little more pep under the right foot. Cheers in advance!

Pop on the Eibach Pro springs, 10-12mm drop over standard S-Line UK spec, makes the car look a whole lot better and still rides fine on the bumps. For an even further upgrade and much more comfortable suspension, fit some Koni Special Active shock absorbers.

Reactions: Alan Ahern
If the roads are that bad, suv would of been better tbh.

Tbh if the roads are so bad then dropping it maybe isnt so wise, may hit the bump stops allot more.

Eibach pro as above are good.

Reactions: Alan Ahern
Thanks guys - I think I could get away with the springs - I have read .8inch front and .4 inch back. I just think the car profile is spoiled by the arch gap.

Stage1 remap would be your best choice then. Cost effective and powerfull.
The last time I modified any car was over 40 years ago when I used to play with Cooper S's. Since then have driven standard cars and used garages to sort out any problems. I'm now retired and want to rediscover car fun, however when I look under the bonnet - no thanks!!!
Your suggestion of a stage 1 tune sounds good - what are the potential benefits, and also are there any potential problems, can the components handle the extra power? Any benefits in upgrading to cold air intake and upgrading the exhaust first? So many questions - I would welcome all advice. Thanks!

The last time I modified any car was over 40 years ago when I used to play with Cooper S's. Since then have driven standard cars and used garages to sort out any problems. I'm now retired and want to rediscover car fun, however when I look under the bonnet - no thanks!!!
Your suggestion of a stage 1 tune sounds good - what are the potential benefits, and also are there any potential problems, can the components handle the extra power? Any benefits in upgrading to cold air intake and upgrading the exhaust first? So many questions - I would welcome all advice. Thanks!

A basic remap from a reputable company like Revo or AMD will be fine, they are designed to be within the safe limits of the car and its components. You can get a custom map which is the best, but it will cost and you'll need to find someone who is knowledgeable and respected to do this and quite a number of hours on rolling road. For the cost, on an otherwise standard car, I wouldn't bother, the off the shelf maps will be fine. Don't use a 'Facebook' mapper who says he can get 300bhp out of your engine - he probably could, but it won't last long and will drive like crap.

Benefits are obviously more power, better drivability (depending on the map), sometimes better MPG (but sometimes not)...Theres so much information about mapping on this forum, the search engine is very useful. DSG remap is also a good option when engine remapping.

Think carefully before you go down the engine tuning route over the initial remap though, as its like opening a can of worms :) Once you start getting into bigger hybrid turbos, injectors etc, you may need to look at intercoolers, clutches etc.

Reactions: henkkeumus
A basic remap from a reputable company like Revo or AMD will be fine, they are designed to be within the safe limits of the car and its components. You can get a custom map which is the best, but it will cost and you'll need to find someone who is knowledgeable and respected to do this and quite a number of hours on rolling road. For the cost, on an otherwise standard car, I wouldn't bother, the off the shelf maps will be fine. Don't use a 'Facebook' mapper who says he can get 300bhp out of your engine - he probably could, but it won't last long and will drive like ****.

Benefits are obviously more power, better drivability (depending on the map), sometimes better MPG (but sometimes not)...Theres so much information about mapping on this forum, the search engine is very useful. DSG remap is also a good option when engine remapping.

Think carefully before you go down the engine tuning route over the initial remap though, as its like opening a can of worms :) Once you start getting into bigger hybrid turbos, injectors etc, you may need to look at intercoolers, clutches etc.
Thanks very much for your reply. I definitely would not go any further than this- I don't need it. I appreciate your advice! I'll investigate further.