2018 A7 shown to employees

ldn

Reaction score
Just as a heads up... I understand that the new A7 will come out late this year with cars being delivered in Q1/Q2.

A few weeks ago it was shown to select employees of Audi along with the new rs5 training.

Design wise it follows the new A5 design language - it looks very similar apparently but lower and wider (obviously)

Apparently has a new rear light cluster with OLEDs (option)

New MMI system with two Tablet size screens (think new RR Velar). Virtual cockpit as standard.

I would have got the facelift A7 but as a lover of tech couldn't buy a car with an outdated system. Sounds interesting but don't like the look of the new A5s.

Hate the stuck on tablet screens.

If they don't fold away then l won't be in a new S7 c8 anytime soon.....

Likewise in thinking but unfortunately all the manufacturers are going this way.

Fact is the display is needed at most times. They really have to start designing cockpits with the display incorporated.. so that it doesn't seem like stuck on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jamiepaton5 and RAF_S7

Totally agree... One of my pet hates over the last year with cars.

Reactions: RAF_S7
yeah been looking at lots of youtube clips yesterday.

no stuck-on screen! :sign wow:

exterior:
- almost the same as before..
- lots of animated lights, I guess this is the nature of things to come in the future..
- don't like the new gen grill design by Audi, old A7 screamed character. new grill looks like a gaping hole in the middle.
- don't fancy that straight red line at the back, looks bling..

interior:
- love the parking feature!
- love the screen integration than sticking it on
- also like getting rid of running the air vents from left to right, like in the current Audis
- touch screens.. hmm.. I know this is what ppl want.., most cars will have this (eg. RRs), but not very ergonomic. imagine a simple use case - changing the temperature. u can no longer do it just by touch, u also have to look at it the touch-screen, move it with ur finger, cos u can't feel a dial to turn!

As a self confessed tech geek, lm loving everything lve seen so far. In terms of the touchscreen MMI, l like the look, but lm not sure about the practicality when moving. Hopefully something voice recognition can sort out.

No real mention of the S or RS specs engine wise, which will be one of the main decision drivers for me. :racer:

Just as a heads up... I understand that the new A7 will come out late this year with cars being delivered in Q1/Q2.

A few weeks ago it was shown to select employees of Audi along with the new rs5 training.

Design wise it follows the new A5 design language - it looks very similar apparently but lower and wider (obviously)

Apparently has a new rear light cluster with OLEDs (option)

New MMI system with two Tablet size screens (think new RR Velar). Virtual cockpit as standard.

I would have got the facelift A7 but as a lover of tech couldn't buy a car with an outdated system. Sounds interesting but don't like the look of the new A5s.
Always a personal taste thing and agree, New RS5 is such a disappointment. Ugly as hell front end but back end is nice.

Saw it in the dealers and a salesman walked up proud as punch saying to me what a beauty.
I replied, nah, I think it doesn't look good at all, not a fan.
He responded offended, why? What do you drive then?
An RS6.
Oh. He just walked away!

Not keen on these over angular lines.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk