2018 RS3 Exhaust Delete Plugs + Loop

If you unplug valves and the car logs an error it will pull the power higher in the rev range, power graphs on this forum prove it.

Do you happen to have a link to the post / graphs showing this power loss?

I believe they’re in this thread? Quite an obvious dip, mine had it also although you can’t tell when driving.
Ok maybe I missed them. I'll read through the thread again.

I was glad to hear about this. I had mine unplugged and while driving I didn't notice anything. The car doesn't exactly go into limp mode. But I'm hearing power is lost on the top end. Since the VW International plugs are out of stock, I ended up purchasing the simulator brackets from AWE. You remove the valves from the stock exhaust, keep them plugged in, and mount them to brackets that imitate the exhaust valves. That way, when the motors are plugged in but removed from the exhaust, they don't continually spin and burn out. All of this is due to me removing the exhaust for weight savings for an upcoming track day, FYI.

If anyone comes across the dyno graphs, I'd love to see them. Thank you!

Ok maybe I missed them. I'll read through the thread again.

I was glad to hear about this. I had mine unplugged and while driving I didn't notice anything. The car doesn't exactly go into limp mode. But I'm hearing power is lost on the top end. Since the VW International plugs are out of stock, I ended up purchasing the simulator brackets from AWE. You remove the valves from the stock exhaust, keep them plugged in, and mount them to brackets that imitate the exhaust valves. That way, when the motors are plugged in but removed from the exhaust, they don't continually spin and burn out. All of this is due to me removing the exhaust for weight savings for an upcoming track day, FYI.

If anyone comes across the dyno graphs, I'd love to see them. Thank you!

Oops my bad they aren’t in this thread, so not sure where.

I will attach mine below but it’s a rubbish printout and the line is lost in the background of the chart. But there is a drop off, then with the plugs fitted a consistent pull through the range.

That sounds like a lot of trouble to get the exhaust swapped out, hopefully you can get the delete plugs at some point and save even more weight.

c49a13b19254bd7b0814972047bc1883.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting this graph. If I'm reading correctly, you made 421ft/lbs @ around 3600-3800 RPM, and then power started to drop. Is this the drop you are referring to? Are you saying with the plugs installed, you continued to make more power in that range, all else being equal?

Thanks for posting this graph. If I'm reading correctly, you made 421ft/lbs @ around 3600-3800 RPM, and then power started to drop. Is this the drop you are referring to? Are you saying with the plugs installed, you continued to make more power in that range, all else being equal?

It’s not the torque that drops off, it is the BHP.. which drops off after 5250rpm.

With the plugs installed there is no drop, graph is very linear.

Gotcha! That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification!

I see the dyno was on a 2017 RS3. I wonder if this affects 2018+ as well? I don't see why it wouldn't.

One last question ~ Does clearing the soft codes resolve this, at least in the short term?

Gotcha! That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification!

I see the dyno was on a 2017 RS3. I wonder if this affects 2018+ as well? I don't see why it wouldn't.

One last question ~ Does clearing the soft codes resolve this, at least in the short term?

Yes it was on a 2017, I’d assume 2018 would be exactly the same.

Well the codes reappear straight away if still unplugged, so I’d say no.

The idea is that the car holds back because it doesn’t know whether the valves are open or closed, because even when in comfort they open at 4000rpm not to damage the engine.

@AudiNutta Will these plugs work on my PreFL Audi RS3?

Also whats motorway driving been like? is there alot of drone?

Message the company because the PFL and FL have different variants they will direct you to the correct ones, but yes there is a version that will work.

Not excessively noisy at cruise, going to be a little louder but it’s not excessive.

@AudiNutta my valve plugs got delivered today. When fitting, do you have to turn car on, put in dynamic and fit them while car on? Or select dynamic and then turn car off?

@AudiNutta my valve plugs got delivered today. When fitting, do you have to turn car on, put in dynamic and fit them while car on? Or select dynamic and then turn car off?

Start your car, select dynamic and confirm they are both open by listening. Turn the car off and then fit them, don’t turn it back on until they’re fitted or the valves will close.

This isn’t important if you can clear the fault afterwards.