Q8 2019 Q8 Nav Issue with Car Play

Jetmart

Reaction score
Had the Q8 for a week and thought I had everything figured out. If i have my iPhone hooked up not using Car Play than I get the map on the large display screen in the centre of the car and also on the dash screen in front of the driver. If I connect my phone using car play the map on the drivers dash screen turns into a compass rose. The map on the main screen stays normal. Funny thing is I don't think this happened prior to today. Are there any settings on the car or phone that needed to be changed to get Nav page on both screens and using Car Play.

Had the Q8 for a week and thought I had everything figured out. If i have my iPhone hooked up not using Car Play than I get the map on the large display screen in the centre of the car and also on the dash screen in front of the driver. If I connect my phone using car play the map on the drivers dash screen turns into a compass rose. The map on the main screen stays normal. Funny thing is I don't think this happened prior to today. Are there any settings on the car or phone that needed to be changed to get Nav page on both screens and using Car Play.

If you use the left/right arrow on the steering wheel (left side) you can switch between compass/map/radio etc

Or you could refer to your manual

The arrows were not working. When connected to Car Play the compass rose was displayed and no button could change it. If I shut off car play on the iPhone the compass instantly went away and the nav map popped up without touching a button on the car.

I just went out and restarted my phone and all seems well now. Must have been a glitch with the phone. Shutting off car play alone or shutting the car off did not fix it.

Thanks.

Reactions: NevMan
The arrows were not working. When connected to Car Play the compass rose was displayed and no button could change it. If I shut off car play on the iPhone the compass instantly went away and the nav map popped up without touching a button on the car.

I just went out and restarted my phone and all seems well now. Must have been a glitch with the phone. Shutting off car play alone or shutting the car off did not fix it.

Thanks.

Glad it is sorted, CarPlay can be a bit glitchy at times

CrApple. Does not play well with others.

Reactions: NevMan
I have this issue on my Q5 but only if I am using one of the car play apps e.g. Waze, google maps or apple maps for car navigation this is I have added a route into the app and it is providing the navigation . This is similar in that if you plug in the phone you lose voice dialing from the car and have to use car play dialing.