Facelift 2019 RS3 Coolant Leak

Never just use water, I am pretty anal when it comes to looking after the RS.
Having just had coolant pump changed, wonder if the water bottle has been damaged although it’s on the opposite side of the engine, already booked in to dealer for investigation.
No need to mess with the wing / inner wing on that side when replacing the water pump.
When replacing the water pump, the whole motor shall be moved to other side by hanging on wings (that is why 2 days for work), so there is possibility for damage.

Reactions: sve170
When replacing the water pump, the whole motor shall be moved to other side by hanging on wings (that is why 2 days for work), so there is possibility for damage.

Are you saying they actually move the engine across.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you saying they actually move the engine across.

:yes: Exactly. By Audi instruction they hang motor on wings (my servicer supported it from under) and move it across to allow work on water coolant pump.

:yes: Exactly. By Audi instruction they hang motor on wings (my servicer supported it from under) and move it across to allow work on water coolant pump.

You do not understand my friend
Engine & gearbox mounts undone
Pendulum mount off
Boost pipe undone
Exhaust downpipe bracket unbolted
Coolant dropped

The engine is canted / rotated and supported from underneath.
The windscreen wash bottle is between the inner wing and outer wing.
It’s impossible to damage it by doing the pump.

Last edited by a moderator:
EVO855, Thank you for Your detailed explanation. :icon thumright:
I am glad that repair work could not be the reason for water bottle damage.

Sve170, I hope that your RS3's water bottle will be fixed soon :racer:

A minor inconvenience, agree but slightly off topic, last night I needed to top-up my windscreen washer bottle.
Simple job, yes but on topping-up I find all the fluid is has gone into the bottle and straight out the bottom?
You guessed it, my water bottle is leaking?

So another jaunt to local dealer, get it booked in. need a courtesy car and will be with them for probably another few days.

You could not make it up

If they’ve been in the bowels of the engine, quite possible a pipe has been detached or damaged...
Hope you get it sorted!

If they’ve been in the bowels of the engine, quite possible a pipe has been detached or damaged...
Hope you get it sorted!

Thanks, booked into dealer on Tuesday.
Service dept told me they would order new bottle and relevant pipe work prior to arrival.

Hope you get it sorted!

Update following windscreen washer bottle leak.
Full check by local Audi dealer, and found that the bottle and relevant tubing was all ok.
But the technician did find an Airlock within the washer bottle? which was causing the liquid to run into the ‘overflow’ tube and down onto my driveway.

As usual no other info was given to me other than it’s been fixed.

Reactions: AudiNutta and Luiggi