2019 RS3 gets smashed by AMG A45s & M2

There are so many factors to consider in this guys, you’re never going to know for sure... fuel, how the car is treated day to day and serviced, engine temps, intake temps... all we know is they’re pretty damn close. Now let’s let this be a close to the argument, Carwow have done the legwork for us. Like in this video below, what’s saying the pre-OPF car being dragged hasn’t spent 2 years of its life hitting the redline from cold and run on 95-ron.

We all drive an awesome car let that be an end to it, this is causing way too many arguments. Discuss by all means but as @Bristle Hound has pointed out, the thread has gone downhill.

Totally agree

results are always subjective, driver, fuel, history of car etc, the CarWow test was well done and shows very little in it and I’m sure if different cars were tested the results could change again.

I think it’s gotten out of hand with the OPF bashing, it’s an RS3 which is awesome

We should be more worried about the competition rather than arguing about what it effectively the same car give or take, the only real fact is it’s quieter and for some it suits and others not.

Enjoy your cars guys :icon thumright:

Reactions: Luiggi and AudiNutta
Carwow should have thrown a PRE FL into the test as well, that would have made it even more interesting :yes:

Reactions: Bryant1998, AudiNutta, D0C and 1 other person
Carwow should have thrown a PRE FL into the test as well, that would have made it even more interesting :yes:
Problem with throwing a PFL into the mix is that you wouldn’t have been able to hear anything they said ;)

Reactions: jimojameso, Drewsus, Terminator x and 3 others
Problem with throwing a PFL into the mix is that you wouldn’t have been able to hear anything they said ;)
Missing the TTRS Doc or does the 911 make up for it?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Missing the TTRS Doc or does the 911 make up for it?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
I’ll be honest, I do miss the TTRS. Porsche is better looking and handling a big step on. But I miss that 5cyl engine and Audi interiors are just IMO the best out there.

Reactions: jimojameso, Riko0073 and Terminator x
There are so many factors to consider in this guys, you’re never going to know for sure... fuel, how the car is treated day to day and serviced, engine temps, intake temps... all we know is they’re pretty damn close. Now let’s let this be a close to the argument, Carwow have done the legwork for us. Like in this video below, what’s saying the pre-OPF car being dragged hasn’t spent 2 years of its life hitting the redline from cold and run on 95-ron.

We all drive an awesome car let that be an end to it, this is causing way too many arguments. Discuss by all means but as @Bristle Hound has pointed out, the thread has gone downhill.

Don't forget weight. Yianni weighs nearly 40kg more than Matt and the pre-OPF car has the Pan Roof which add more weight too. Being 2 years old, it must have had its first service now and likely a tyre change as well. Can't really tell which tyres they are.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Reactions: infernox
Don’t want to bash the new OPF ridden RS3 but it seems to be consistent in losing drag races it was previously winning in various tests and reviews.
1/4 mile A45s - 11.95, m2 - 12.5 and rs3 - 12.85

video is in Italian with English subtitles.

Terrible test, person couldnt drive and at 374bhp their rs3 must've been broken

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

And that’s where my scepticism comes in with these car journalist tests, who’s to say they’ve not been ‘sponsored’ by Merc to discredit the RS3 and help boost sales of the new ‘in’ car?

Sound like a broken record but why have others on here recorded those much lower times, I’ve personally recorded 4 dead with a full tank of fuel on a wet road, sure I could achieve under 4 with a bit less fuel and on a nice dry day which would beat the M2 times shown in this video and match or beat the A45s time.

Also seen 100-200kmh times on the OPF consistent with the pre OPF cars, even if the launch is slightly softer the higher speed ms shouldn’t see it tail off as much as this video suggests.

I don’t know, more conversations to be had here and others will chip in with their thoughts I’m sure.
Agreed, they are so biased its untrue. 12.85 and 374bhp are comical and buf giveaways

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Riko0073, infernox, Drewsus and 1 other person
The data that Top gear presented here is probably more representative of real world results.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/hot-hatch/merc-amg-a45-s-vs-audi-rs3-0-120mph-battle
Doesn’t state whether pre or OPF RS3 tested? Possibly older data used for the RS3 so pre OPF although it was in August where the OPF models have been available for a while?

Great result for the ageing king of the mega hatches, I know I made the right decision going Audi rather than the tacky Merc!

Looks like that a45 as had a stage 1 tune done. If put against a stage one tuned rs3 of the same year then all bets are off

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Reactions: jebusRS and 8YARWY
if the rs3 is also tuned, you would be trying to make out the "B" in yer rear view mirror :racer:

Yup most Stage 1 FL RS3’s make 460-490ps and 610-680 nm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jebusRS and infernox
Yup most Stage 1 FL RS3’s make 460-490ps and 610-680 nm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Rs3 fl made 520 ps 740 nm on a stage 1 map with a little octane booster and just shows how good the engine is.

Reactions: jebusRS and infernox