2019 RS5 Sport Edition - Oil Type & usage?

Chimp

Reaction score
Hi

I haven't got access to the manual currently but need I noticed on the way to work this morning that the oil level is going down quite quick!

I have 1437 miles on the clock and its reading at 2 thirds level already... never had oil being used so quick on all the brand new models over the years I have had.

So, anyone have this experience?

Also do you know the type of oil and rating should be used? in the S5 it was a rare 0w20 I believe so more costly to buy.

thanks

Hi Chimp,

I have the same situation. I have to top it up every 5-6 months. It is quite heavy on the oil but Audi says its normal with this engine. For the oil type I really have no idea. I go to Audi and buy it from them.

Reactions: Chimp
I topped mine up recently. You shoukdnt top up until the car tells you and then when it does you put a litre of oil in. The digital gauge represents 1 litre.

It doesnt actually tell you the type of oil required in the manual but I got the dealer to look it up for me. Either 0w/30 or 5w/30 is fine as long as its VW504 spec. I bought Shell Helix ultra 0w/30

Eurocarparts are doing a deal at the moment: https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/shell-helix-ultra-ect-c2-c3-0w-30-1ltr-521774542

Reactions: Chimp
I've done 6k miles. Changed the oil at 1k then again in the annual service in September. Mine hasn't consumed any at all so far. Topped up to full and has remained there...

I use same as Evil 0w/30 Shell Helix Ultra as couldn't find another 0w/30 VW504. available. Theres a few VW504. 5w/30 oils available though!

Reactions: Evil Derboy and Chimp
Hi

I haven't got access to the manual currently but need I noticed on the way to work this morning that the oil level is going down quite quick!

I have 1437 miles on the clock and its reading at 2 thirds level already... never had oil being used so quick on all the brand new models over the years I have had.

So, anyone have this experience?

Also do you know the type of oil and rating should be used? in the S5 it was a rare 0w20 I believe so more costly to buy.

thanks

I have 21,000 miles on mine and have never had to add oil.