2019 S3 Exhaust Note Change

But that depends on whether the wltp rs3 is still the car it was before. If similar to the wltp s3 then I imagine some buyers will look at alternatives
Yeah but if you time it right the general public will place orders and used demand will decrease, before the orders arrive and everyone finds out its been ruined by WLTP :tearsofjoy:

That’s what I’m hoping anyway, either an RS3 or S5 for my next car I think

Reactions: Mythos
It's still very quiet 400 miles in, it's had it's moments though where it kinda opened up, don't often get it warm enough to have a proper go and it's still only a nipper in terms of mileage/run in.

One thing i will say, my mate has a new GTI performance, we were having a play and I found it quite easy to pass and leave him on some nice quiet country lanes on the way to our last MTB social, I'm quite a reserved driver as well, no contest from a standstill either, the performance is still very much there, loving this S-tronic, has it had a software update, it's blinkin lovely. And I came from 310 S3 S-tronic.

Reactions: listers_socks, Mythos and loftylad
It's still very quiet 400 miles in, it's had it's moments though where it kinda opened up, don't often get it warm enough to have a proper go and it's still only a nipper in terms of mileage/run in.

One thing i will say, my mate has a new GTI performance, we were having a play and I found it quite easy to pass and leave him on some nice quiet country lanes on the way to our last MTB social, I'm quite a reserved driver as well, no contest from a standstill either, the performance is still very much there, loving this S-tronic, has it had a software update, it's blinkin lovely. And I came from 310 S3 S-tronic.

To be fair the Golf R is more of a rival to the S3 than the GTI. I do love the GTI, looks better than the R in my opinion.

Reactions: TYb
I'm a bit baffled as to why Audi would be putting the RS3 back on sale just a short while before the new A3 comes to market. Surely we'll get to see it at Geneva next month? They must have an awful lot of orders...

No one will order it once they realise it sounds like ***** anyway lol.

I like it :), i mean it's not a V8 Mustang sound but IMO far from the "sounds like a standard 4 pot petrol" people were worried about.

And no obvious DSG farts. Fine by me :)

Reactions: Paul finch, listers_socks and loftylad
And no obvious DSG farts. Fine by me :)

That's because it's a launch control, my 2018 doesn't do that either. However no one have answered my question about the DSG farts?

Reactions: JimmyMcGee
That's because it's a launch control, my 2018 doesn't do that either. However no one have answered my question about the DSG farts?

I don't hear them anymore (MY19 s3 Saloon), no drone though which is nice, the SB was a tad loud for me on Motorway journeys.

No drone on mine, none when I had the flaps unplugged either. Bit too quiet with the flaps closed, bit too loud with them open. Be nice if there was somewhere in between or if it ran with all exhausts all open in dynamic and the normal dynamic function in comfort mode

Maybe it wasn't drone, just a tad too loud for my sensitive ears?

My 18reg S3 SB which I have on pch lease pops and farts like a good'un especially when I have the DSG in sport mode. I have it on pch for another eleven months but I have heard vwfs offer a preferential purchase price a few months before lease end. Can anyone confirm this as if correct it could be worth some consideration.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

You can get a price off British car auctions which is who collects the car at the end of lease. Prices can be hit and miss but seen many golf r leasers getting them for 2-3k cheaper than similar models on autotrader. Probably the webuyanycar trade price tbf

Reactions: CJ92
My 2019 s3 doesn't pop,fart,or backfire,....its very quite.As a person in their 50s i dont mind.On the motorway its like a limo,if you've got one on order,you will LOVE it!

Reactions: ACC, Jcbmally, loftylad and 1 other person
Sounds like my 18reg S3 when set in dynamic/sport mode.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Can anyone confirm this? I placed an order Thursday and have been looking forward to pops and bangs since the FL came out

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Can anyone confirm this? I placed an order Thursday and have been looking forward to pops and bangs since the FL came out

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

MY19 S3s dont pop and bang anymore, pretty sure the DSG fart is gone too.

DSG farts seem to be gone.

I’m sure mine still has a burble on the over run and slowing down but can’t be sure u less I ask someone else to drive it

Was about to buy a res delete pipe from Awesome but they say they’re not suitable for the new models with GPF. I asked them why this is and they seemed to think that centre resonator has something to do with the GPF. I’m tempted just to get it off and fit the red delete pipe and see what happens, I really liked the noise of the 2017 models and was looking forward to the crackles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
It will sound the same as the SQ2? Here's a good video to hear the sound of it:

Not sure if anyone with the 2019 S3 can confirm this is what it sounds like?

I have a 300, got it 21st December ‘18. I’d been given a 310 from my local dealer as my order for the 300 was late. 300 sucks donkey ****, wish I never got it.

Reactions: Chris S 1245 and Mythos
Cancel the order and get a 310. My 300 is like driving a A3, nothing like the 310, useless.

I have. Unfortunately the dealership wont give me my deposit back, which limits the chances of me finding an S3 to the spec I want.

Third party dealers always seem to have the best specs, but my Audi dealership won't get a car thats not from another Audi dealership....really frustrating!

I have. Unfortunately the dealership wont give me my deposit back, which limits the chances of me finding an S3 to the spec I want.

Third party dealers always seem to have the best specs, but my Audi dealership won't get a car thats not from another Audi dealership....really frustrating!
Feel your pain! Only reason I went for new is because spec wise there was nothing Used, with ‘everything’ on it.

Feel your pain! Only reason I went for new is because spec wise there was nothing Used, with ‘everything’ on it.

Yeah, I had almost every option ticked other than 19inch wheels and Matrix lights. Hopefully something will turn up.

I have a 300, got it 21st December ‘18. I’d been given a 310 from my local dealer as my order for the 300 was late. 300 sucks donkey ****, wish I never got it.

Cancel the order and get a 310. My 300 is like driving a A3, nothing like the 310, useless.

Hehe. You're not keen on the 300, then? :playful:

I'm really hoping you're 22 years old, 'cos if the 300 is that bad, I'm gonna be very upset! lol

Reactions: Mythos, NevMan and JimmyMcGee
Hehe. You're not keen on the 300, then? :playful:

I'm really hoping you're 22 years old, 'cos if the 300 is that bad, I'm gonna be very upset! lol
By all means there’s only 10ps difference, so you can’t notice the difference in acceleration.
The difference is mainly, how & when it changes gear, with the fact there’s no exhaust noise. Mine is now on 2500miles, seems slightly better than when I got it. But nothing like the 310ps the dealer loaned me for 3months, as mine was delayed due to WLTP.

My Mrs, who isn’t a massive car person, (as long as it looks nice she doesn’t care) even said it’s nothing like the 310ps we had.

By all means there’s only 10ps difference, so you can’t notice the difference in acceleration.
The difference is mainly, how & when it changes gear, with the fact there’s no exhaust noise. Mine is now on 2500miles, seems slightly better than when I got it. But nothing like the 310ps the dealer loaned me for 3months, as mine was delayed due to WLTP.

My Mrs, who isn’t a massive car person, (as long as it looks nice she doesn’t care) even said it’s nothing like the 310ps we had.

Joking aside, it is crap when you order something and what you get is something very different.

Do you think you'll stick with it or get rid?

Joking aside, it is **** when you order something and what you get is something very different.

Do you think you'll stick with it or get rid?
Stick with it for now, can’t be doing with the hassle of car hunting / waiting again. Maybe Stage 1 will change it?

2019 Golf R OPF Sound

Weird, it has the crackles on the overrun but no DSG bangs on gear changes. I thought it would be the other round but who knows what affect the OPF is having.

Just reading the cupra Ateca in top gear and noticed they echoed comments here

“ Pity it sounds flat, thanks to emissions regs suffocating any warble-factor parps, we suspect”

I'm slightly bemused on the comments regarding the noise. Mine has 2200 miles on it and when it is in sport mode it does sound nice ie whoomph noise when changing up and a nice burble when it changes down or on the over run. Yes it doesn't crack/fart/pop but that makes it that much more a pleasant car to drive. My car feels as every bit a fast as the last 310 I owned and the s-tronic feels smoother, the wife says it sounds less hooligan and more "throaty ". Even the daughter says it sound very nice when in sport mode (she is a petrol head).
I have no regrets in getting this new 300ps version and the mpg has even improved to an average of 31mpg local commuting.
Ps, my chrome tips still look like new, now that's got to be a plus point.
Just my opinion peeps. :friends:

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv, ACC, mve7 and 5 others