2019 S3 Exhaust Note Change

No worries, I went for the vagsport one. Quality is excellent and there isn't any drone with the opf

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

What about the DSG farts? Are they back?

Reactions: OliS3
Nice to hear some pops and crackles on the stock clip! Not too brash either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: OliS3
There is some noise from the dsg up shift. Nothing compared to pre opf but I heard something. About 5k at half throttle

Reactions: keenu
Sounds good to me i'am considering getting it done . Is there any way of getting the Dsg fart back ?

Just for the record as well I've only unplugged the exhaust flaps. Confirmed they were open by sliding an old cable down the pipe and then unplugged them.

Just drove a 2019 S3 yesterday, damn that’s silent and very mature, felt like a 48 years old (not saying this is bad that’s just not where I am in my life right now).

Got back in my own S3 again with no rear seats, res delete and exhaust flaps coded out and the grin came back on my face as soon as I started the car and the exhaust started to pop.

The new S3 is just soooo civilised and I wish mine would be as silent as that on the highway though.

Reactions: NevMan, Baldyone, oli356 and 2 others
Looking to get one of these https://progressiveparts.com/vagsport-audi-s3-8v-2012-resonator-delete-pipe-kit

When people have informed insurance, what sort of impact did you see cost wise? Haven't declared mods for a while and back in the day anything like this would be classed until new exhaust. Are they more clued up nowadays and will understand what a res delete is? Will give mine a call but wondering what to expect.

Looking to get one of these https://progressiveparts.com/vagsport-audi-s3-8v-2012-resonator-delete-pipe-kit

When people have informed insurance, what sort of impact did you see cost wise? Haven't declared mods for a while and back in the day anything like this would be classed until new exhaust. Are they more clued up nowadays and will understand what a res delete is? Will give mine a call but wondering what to expect.
Admiral just put mine down as exhaust modifications, a general category. Made little difference, 20 quid maybe.

Reactions: JohnM100 and listers_socks
Just drove a 2019 S3 yesterday, damn that’s silent and very mature, felt like a 48 years old (not saying this is bad that’s just not where I am in my life right now).

Got back in my own S3 again with no rear seats, res delete and exhaust flaps coded out and the grin came back on my face as soon as I started the car and the exhaust started to pop.

The new S3 is just soooo civilised and I wish mine would be as silent as that on the highway though.

Lol, I am 48. I suppose there is a balance between nice exhaust noise (love my wife’s JCW, sound) and drone on motorway.

I am at the stage in my life where I want an RS next

Reactions: unitzero

Mine didn't go up at all (and I was 19 at the time). Just exhaust modification, no admin fee either.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: listers_socks
I haven’t declared mine on the basis that there’s no performance benefit, it’s literally just noise. Upshot is if car is written off the res delete wont be taken into account (nor would my retrofit of centre and sub speakers)

Afternoon people.

What res delete are people going for?
This may seem a stupid question, but I’m clueless lol..
Will this fit MY19 S3 with and GPF...

Upload 2019 4 7 17 11 25

I went with BCS but I have seen a few people on here that bought the VAGSport one and it worked.

2019s are the same fit so yes it will work fine. I fitted the vagsport one Friday

Reactions: H4VO
2019s are the same fit so yes it will work fine. I fitted the vagsport one Friday

Ordered it last night before any replies lol.
Just have to wait for them to re-stock though :(

Is it possible to code the valves open with OBDEleven or VCDS the only way to go?

The res delete is next on my shopping list.
DJAlix couldn't code the exhaust flaps on my 2019 S3 using VCDS :shrug:

I just unplugged them in the end

Reactions: FeDx_
=/

How do I go about unplugging the valves?
Turn the car off in dymanic and get underneath the back of the car and you'll see the wires going into the valves. They unplug really easily if you press the clip in right

Reactions: IgorFB
Turn the car off in dymanic and get underneath the back of the car and you'll see the wires going into the valves. They unplug really easily if you press the clip in right

But I thought the valves aren't always open even in dynamic?

But I thought the valves aren't always open even in dynamic?
They aren't but when the car is turned off they stay open. You unplug them and they never close again

Video quality isn’t great but I think the new S3 sounds pretty good. I am biased of course...

Reactions: JimmyMcGee
:eyes:
Screenshot 20190412 193912 Facebook

Reactions: RossN14, IgorFB, listers_socks and 2 others
Question for all of you getting the res delete mod, did you purchase the car outright?

Here you go, the 'before' clip was shot in January. Before res delete and only a few hundred miles in.
The second one was shot last week after the res delete, ~1700 miles in.

Is there any droning noise from yours mate? If so, at what speed/revs?
Cheers :)

No droning mate. Went to Devon for the Easter weekend and really put the car through its paces and I'm really happy with the res delete from Powervalve.

No droning mate. Went to Devon for the Easter weekend and really put the car through its paces and I'm really happy with the res delete from Powervalve.
Happy days mate. Just got a VAGSport one, haven’t fitted it yet. As not sure to get the PowerValve one. Anyone got any feed back for the VAGSport one?