2019 S3 Exhaust Note Change

Can't answer that @IgorFB but I saw that a new OBDEleven dongle is released shortly (it says pre-orders start in a couple of days) so perhaps you'll be able to code the valves permanently open with the new one.

Hello everyone. I've owned a 2019 S3 saloon for a couple of weeks now after rejecting a 2019 S3 hatch due to several issues with it. Both registered in March.
The thing that did surprise me was the exhaust sound. I never drive in manual mode, just auto box doing its own thing, so when the hatch was in dynamic and I braked when approaching a corner, the exhaust made a noise as it was slowing down, like a pop (which I liked) but when I do the same journey in the saloon, the exhaust doesn't make the same noise. I had read on here about the lack of exhaust sound with the 2019 but was happy with the hatchback sound but the saloon (same age) doesn't make the same sound.

Hello everyone. I've owned a 2019 S3 saloon for a couple of weeks now after rejecting a 2019 S3 hatch due to several issues with it. Both registered in March.
The thing that did surprise me was the exhaust sound. I never drive in manual mode, just auto box doing its own thing, so when the hatch was in dynamic and I braked when approaching a corner, the exhaust made a noise as it was slowing down, like a pop (which I liked) but when I do the same journey in the saloon, the exhaust doesn't make the same noise. I had read on here about the lack of exhaust sound with the 2019 but was happy with the hatchback sound but the saloon (same age) doesn't make the same sound.

It’s the 2 large GPF’s stopping the popping etc. Hatches are shorter so from my experience, hatches are slightly louder.
I had 310 for around 4months as my build was delayed because of WLTP. When I did receive my 2019 300ps, it was so much quieter. Only suggestion I know of at the minute is a res delete. Would of got a 310 myself but couldn’t find the right spec.

Thanks for the answer. I never thought it could have anything to do with the difference in the size of the car so thanks for the info. I was confused as to why the hatch made a nice noise and the saloon didn't but they were the same age. I will stop listening for the pop now then and just enjoy it

Thanks for the answer. I never thought it could have anything to do with the difference in the size of the car so thanks for the info. I was confused as to why the hatch made a nice noise and the saloon didn't but they were the same age. I will stop listening for the pop now then and just enjoy it

go for a res delete. its cheap and you can hear the difference

Any of you guys had Milltek’s GPF bypass exhaust system? About £290, just wondered if this is a viable option to get the sound back without failing the MOT?

Any of you guys had Milltek’s GPF bypass exhaust system? About £290, just wondered if this is a viable option to get the sound back without failing the MOT?

I would expect that any gpf delete or cat bypass will cause an error code as you have removed a big part of the emission system that’s has loads of sensors possibly putting on limp home mode. It’s a guaranteed Mot failure but the likeliness of the mot tester figuring it out is very low as it’s quite new and mot’s on gpf cars wont come around till sept 2021.
You will most likely need a remap as well as the exhaust System has been modded with a significant drop in back pressure.
£290+ remap will come to around £7-800 then loss of warranty as well. A lot of money/risk for some Noise.

Reactions: John Pilkington, Flying Scotsman and JohnM100

I got this fitted last week along with a map to compliment a few other mods at Stage 1+.

Definitely an MOT failure/warranty voider but if its a risk you're willing to take then go for it.

Incredible difference and as an example of how much it frees everything up my car was dyno'd before mapping with the downpipe and full intake system and was running 354bhp at the fly.

Also sounds fantastic with the res delete.