2019 S3 Exhaust Note Change

Question for all of you getting the res delete mod, did you purchase the car outright?

There were very muted ones, but this has woken them up. I really meant to get a sound clip before but never got round to it I’m afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here you go, the 'before' clip was shot in January. Before res delete and only a few hundred miles in.
The second one was shot last week after the res delete, ~1700 miles in.

Reactions: BCS Nige, RossN14, FeDx_ and 3 others
Off topic, but did Audi remove the red stitching interior option from the MY19 S3?

Off topic, but did Audi remove the red stitching interior option from the MY19 S3?

I ordered my S3 like 3 weeks ago and I have red stitching interior option. So I think it still there

Reactions: NevMan

Audi Belgium its still an option if you go to the website.

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2019-03-27 om 08.12.31.png
    Schermafbeelding 2019-03-27 om 08.12.31.png
    816.8 KB · Views: 312
I think what you really need to satisfy your exhaust sound desires is an Impreza WRX :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: but mine is now sold!!! Hoping the ‘66 S3 Saloon is not going to disappoint.

Car is still at the port but I'm ready. Has anyone else opened the exhaust flaps as well as the res delete?
d836f1776dc0e6c60c939873fa9a2e1c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Car is still at the port but I'm ready. Has anyone else opened the exhaust flaps as well as the res delete?

Is this the one from progressiveparts.com?

Yes, for the but extra it looked like the best pipe so went for it. It's branded vagsport

Yea also think its the best one! Thanks mate

Reactions: OliS3
Personally find it a bit too noisy at 3k rpm/6th gear when on motorway. Its bearable imo, but there's a very noticeable difference between valves open and closed.

Personally find it a bit too noisy at 3k rpm/6th gear when on motorway. Its bearable imo, but there's a very noticeable difference between valves open and closed.
I'd of thought the gpf would have killed off the drone. Maybe I should have gone the bcs route

I'd of thought the gpf would have killed off the drone. Maybe I should have gone the bcs route

Didn't even look at thread title, my bad lol. I've got PFL... So yeah, totally different

Ignore me. ..

Didn't even look at thread title, my bad lol. I've got PFL... So yeah, totally different

Ignore me. ..
I thought when you said 6th gear. No worries

Toying with the idea of the res delete, just worried about Audi and warranties and wriggling out of things. Would have been much happier if it was a bolt on and off part, although has anyone tweaked the res section cut out so it could be fitted back on? but even then Audi would obviously notice the difference :)

Has anyone looked at the cat-back options for the WLTP cars? the bolt on and off job? as if no cutting for that I would be keen for the system that I can take off but then put stock back on for any 'claims'.

Toying with the idea of the res delete, just worried about Audi and warranties and wriggling out of things. Would have been much happier if it was a bolt on and off part, although has anyone tweaked the res section cut out so it could be fitted back on? but even then Audi would obviously notice the difference :)

Has anyone looked at the cat-back options for the WLTP cars? the bolt on and off job? as if no cutting for that I would be keen for the system that I can take off but then put stock back on for any 'claims'.
I've never had an issue with the res delete being fitted. Audi in the USA sell it as an option.

Reactions: unitzero and listers_socks

With BCS you get a sleeve that you can also use to fit the old resonator back on again if you want. Audi can't complain about that.

Reactions: listers_socks
What Lehn said. BCS one is plug and play essentially, easy to refit stock one. Also as it gives no performance increase unlikely to cause warranty issues.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

You get the sleeve with the Vagsport one as well

Not sure if this is the OPF model or not:

Reactions: tuningman73
Collection tomorrow! Can't wait

Reactions: JimmyMcGee, Jcbmally, loftylad and 2 others

Have you installed this on your 19 s3? I’m on the verge of ordering one but want to know if it’s bearable on the motorway? I’ve heard 2017 models with this pipe and they’re pretty loud!

Have you installed this on your 19 s3? I’m on the verge of ordering one but want to know if it’s bearable on the motorway? I’ve heard 2017 models with this pipe and they’re pretty loud!
I done a lot of motorway driving with a BCS Res delete on my 2017 S3 saloon, drone/noise wasn't an issue

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

there are some people taking them out gpf opf whatever you want to call them i have not seen any one take them out in a vag car yet most of them are mercs wrench studio did one on a c43 which sounded amazing after a few on the 4.0 biturbo m177 deutsch tech did a glc63

I didn't in the end, I'll get it done ASAP though. I Love the car, its very muted compared to my my16 but the 7 speed box is fantastic and I can't see it dronning as motorway is 7th at well below 3k unless you're getting closer to 3 figures.

Going to turn off the fake noise tomorrow and get an idea of what it really sounds like

Just got the res delete done. 280 miles on the car and she sounds loads better!

Reactions: mb127 and mve7
Just giving her a clean
5b64ebf983b88f1a13de7daf1706946a.jpg

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally, Adam14 and 2 others
Cheers for that, that's convinced me then off i go to buy a res delete....

Which did you buy after? you have probably said but can't recall.

I like the stock sound but from the second clip it just makes it sound that bit better so worth doing for sure.

Reactions: NevMan and OliS3
Cheers for that, that's convinced me then off i go to buy a res delete....

Which did you buy after? you have probably said but can't recall.

I like the stock sound but from the second clip it just makes it sound that bit better so worth doing for sure.
No worries, I went for the vagsport one. Quality is excellent and there isn't any drone with the opf

Good stuff Oli!
Like that open flaps sound. Going to have to find someone to do it for me!

Reactions: OliS3