2019 S5 Exhaust System

Jetmart

Reaction score
Just picked up a new 2019 S5. I noticed it has 4 tailpipes out the back end and the on eon the far right (looking from behind) has a flapper on it. The 3 tailpipes without the flapper are a lot dirtier leading me to believe that the flap is closed most of the time. (it's completely open when the car is not running)

Wondering under what circumstances does the flap open and close?

There are flaps on both outer exhausts. ,Will open above 3.5krpm I believe it is or will be open when in sport mode.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: S32B
There are flaps on both outer exhausts. ,Will open above 3.5krpm I believe it is or will be open when in sport mode.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
^^^THIS^^^ it was the same on my S3, you can unplug them so that they are open all the time. If you do, either tape them up to keep the dirt out or buy a blank connection/cap.

My week old 2019 S5 only has one on the far right exhaust looking at it from the rear.
It is open until you start the car then it closes when in auto or comfort mode. If put into sport mode at idle it opens again.
Not sure what it does at high RPM.

The valve on the nearside is deeper in the system so cant see it from just looking at rear
f you set up individual to loud or dynamic cant think then each time you start car toggle from dynamic to individual then back to dynamic valves all open and stay open till you switch of engine so no need to unplug valves

Reactions: V6 Quatt