2020 A4 cost cutting

veltror

Reaction score
I went into the stealer yesterday to have a look at an S4 they have on display, not sure if I should cancel my black line 40TFSI Avant order, but I am on the fence if I should go to Petrol after several diesel cars like my current very early B9 A4 TDI. So far i can see that there are no more SD cards, no CD drive, no jukebox, I will lose my HUD, no spare wheel, no wireless charging. One thing I cannot see any reference to is the blind spot assist that I have in my Tech pack, has that been removed in the 2020 models, cannot see any mention of it anywhere. Only put down a deposit so I can still change my mind, any opinions gratefully accepted.

Last edited:
Yep, well documented in this forum. I would be in the market for a new car, but the loss of features I have grown accustomed too with my A4 means it probably would not be another Audi...

Seems you cannot even get heated seats in the rear on the A4 anymore? My daughter love that function

The thing I find slightly galling are all the useful things you get as standard on many Skodas that either aren't available or are extras on an Audi.

Reactions: jds_sg
Don’t forget the fake exhausts.

They could have saved even more money and not bothered with the fake side at all!
Noticed on the new 2020 A3 they haven't done any fake exhausts as yet so maybe they're learning...

Reactions: WesT-gefül
They haven't done any outlets like the A3 had before, so whether hiding them under the rear valence can be described as being any better than fake ones I not sure. I rather feel many will still feel they are losing out..