2020 A5 Facelift...

cuke2u

Reaction score
With free fake exhaust

looks better on the outside than the A4 attempt...

Exterior doesn't look hugely different. Also the previous pics showed those air vents under the bonnet (if you call them that) like on the new A1 but couldn't see them there.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Those silver hoops around the ACC radars (I assume that's what is where the fogs used to be?) look awful. Maybe it's owner bias but I much prefer the old one.

Especially with all that god awful black plastic on the inside :puke2:

Reactions: Alnicopro

Some beauty footage

I’d have one for sure, price dependent

Already have fake tips on my 2019 Avant so I’m used to getting stick for that already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Meemo

Some beauty footage

I’d have one for sure, price dependent

Already have fake tips on my 2019 Avant so I’m used to getting stick for that already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks so much better in that spec, and the new headlight/rear light animations are pretty cool.

Bit of a downgrade on the virtual cockpit though.

I really don't know what Audi were thinking with this facelift S5. A diesel engine and FAKE quad exhausts!
My B9 S5 goes in a few weeks and will miss it, wouldn't ever consider the new one though. Heard one start up and my local dealer and it sounded utter cr*p which is a real shame....basically they have ruined it.

Reactions: Jonnie and Adam14
I really don't know what Audi were thinking with this facelift S5. A diesel engine and FAKE quad exhausts!
My B9 S5 goes in a few weeks and will miss it, wouldn't ever consider the new one though. Heard one start up and my local dealer and it sounded utter cr*p which is a real shame....basically they have ruined it.

I'm guessing they're targeting people that want a performance car but also don't want to spend a fortune on fuel (similar to BMW's M40d range).

As much as I love my petrol S5 I'm not sure the sound is worth the £300-500 a month fuel bills, and I have a relatively short commute.

Interestingly you say that, I popped in £40 Sunday in my 2.0 TDi, granted I drive it in dynamic but I've got 150 miles out of that and down to notch 2 on the gauge.

Probably the worst car I've had on fuel and it's a diesel, feel like I already drive an S5!

Christ that’s not very good for a diesel.

I use about £70 worth every 4-5 days and it lasts about 200 miles or so and that’s with relatively docile driving. In my diesel A3 a tank would last over 2 weeks.

I'm guessing they're targeting people that want a performance car but also don't want to spend a fortune on fuel (similar to BMW's M40d range).

As much as I love my petrol S5 I'm not sure the sound is worth the £300-500 a month fuel bills, and I have a relatively short commute.
I get your point. It does cost a lot to run, BUT you should know that before you buy it. My issue is that diesel cars are now considered a 'dirty' word and with emissions laws, more hybrids & full electric cars becoming more popular, the resale value will take a massive hit in a couple of years. Also, to my mind the S range is becoming just your average Audi with better trim with more cost. Gone from V8 petrol to V6 petrol to diesel, so why not just buy a A5 3.0 diesel instead?.....they are pretty quick, look almost the same, and you save a lot over the new S5.

Things may well be different now - but when looking at ordering mine the price difference between the S5 and a similarly equipped 2.0l 4wd petrol A5 wasn't all that much.

There are time when I miss the fuel economy of my old 3.0 oil burner B8 A5 but it was a conscious decision to move to petrol when I changed cars.

I was looking to downsize, but nothing fits in the price I want so I thought sod it......I did think about getting another A5 coupe s-line, but the base price on the new one is now over £40k and I'm not willing to pay the extra in road tax for 5 years....so been in touch with a very helpful dealership today and he's going to get a price on a BE TT...I just can't decide which alloys I prefer?!?!?

Silver or black??? I'm leaning more towards the silver as I think they look like they fill the arches more...but the black also look good :)

1tt
2tt

Reactions: Jonnie
Silver 100%, they look so good.

I don’t blame you for wanting to downsize. I’m talking to my dealer about an S3 Sedan next week as the longer I have my S5 i like it less and less.

Reactions: S32B
Silver 100%, they look so good.

I don’t blame you for wanting to downsize. I’m talking to my dealer about an S3 Sedan next week as the longer I have my S5 i like it less and less.
How so? I felt the same after I went S3 to S5 but have actually grown to prefer the S5 over the past year. But I do a fair amount of motorway miles, so the S5 being a pretty comfortable cruiser would come on top there.

How so? I felt the same after I went S3 to S5 but have actually grown to prefer the S5 over the past year. But I do a fair amount of motorway miles, so the S5 being a pretty comfortable cruiser would come on top there.

I’d say 90% of my driving is crawling in rush hour traffic on my commute. So I don’t really get the comfortable cruiser aspect and more have to deal with the laggy gearbox. And that’s probably why I’m on my second set of tyres in 8 months.

It’s just too in the middle for me, if it was nuts like an RS3 I wouldn’t mind all the “drawbacks” or if it was much cheaper to run but slower and had the S-Tronic gearbox I also wouldn’t mind.

Then again the odd occasion I go for a long drive I love it all over again. I can’t decide what I want.

I do a fair amount of motorway miles, so the S5 being a pretty comfortable cruiser would come on top there.
I bought the A5 for trips up to Scotland as we were going 3-4 times per year and I thought "big comfy cruiser"...since I got it we haven't been at all :p we go abroad instead now lol. So it's being used in and around town, so a smaller car will be better....a fun weekend car is all I need now. The seat belts in the rear all still plugged in from when I had the service done at the end of October! If we go out with friends it's a lift or taxi as nobody can sit behind me anyway, I have the seat too far back to drive! So I may as well make do with just 2 seats :)

Reactions: Adam14
I’d say 90% of my driving is crawling in rush hour traffic on my commute. So I don’t really get the comfortable cruiser aspect and more have to deal with the laggy gearbox. And that’s probably why I’m on my second set of tyres in 8 months.
I did the front's on mine in under 7,000 for the same reason, it's a big heavy car doing stop/start trips around town and it's front wheel drive. The S3 I sold with the original tyres on with 17,500 on the clock.

. The seat belts in the rear all still plugged in from when I had the service done at the end of October! If we go out with friends it's a lift or taxi as nobody can sit behind me anyway, I have the seat too far back to drive! So I may as well make do with just 2 seats :)

Surprisingly I’ve never had any complaints from friends about my back seats, but then I am a short ****. It’s mostly just getting the in and out that’s a pain.

I did the front's on mine in under 7,000 for the same reason, it's a big heavy car doing stop/start trips around town and it's front wheel drive. The S3 I sold with the original tyres on with 17,500 on the clock.

I’ll see how I feel about the S3 when I have a look next week. I’ll probably miss the S5 technology too much.

It’s just too in the middle for me, if it was nuts like an RS3 I wouldn’t mind all the “drawbacks” or if it was much cheaper to run but slower and had the S-Tronic gearbox I also wouldn’t mind.

Then again the odd occasion I go for a long drive I love it all over again. I can’t decide what I want.
Second set of tyres!?!?!!! I done 14k on my summers and they're half worn, mental the difference motorway driving compared to your commute makes a difference.

Also how your issues aren't an issue for me, never found the box to be laggy, but then I know it's not as smooth as the DSG in the S3 was but it was never going to be.

I've looked at RS3s Saloons about 4 times over the last year but feel size wise and comfort I'd be going backwards (ignoring the engine and performance). So RS5 on the cards for me after the S5 all being well.

I bought the A5 for trips up to Scotland as we were going 3-4 times per year and I thought "big comfy cruiser"...since I got it we haven't been at all we go abroad instead now lol. So it's being used in and around town, so a smaller car will be better....a fun weekend car is all I need now. The seat belts in the rear all still plugged in from when I had the service done at the end of October! If we go out with friends it's a lift or taxi as nobody can sit behind me anyway, I have the seat too far back to drive! So I may as well make do with just 2 seats :)
I'm the only person who drives it, people at work are like 'you have the biggest car so you can drive us for lunch" they've soon realised the back seats are pointless. Even more so with me being 6ft 5
Saying that took the family up to Northumberland and with the seats down, the S5 held a lot! Very impressed. 2 large suitcases, sisters clothes, food, drinks etc!

See attached pictures for a rough idea.
a44052f2730448f4058f301f2fd46a3c.jpg
7b06eb9d7403d6b512f3b25bed2d0e8a.jpg

Second set of tyres!?!?!!! I done 14k on my summers and they're half worn, mental the difference motorway driving compared to your commute makes a difference.

Also how your issues aren't an issue for me, never found the box to be laggy, but then I know it's not as smooth as the DSG in the S3 was but it was never going to be.

I've looked at RS3s Saloons about 4 times over the last year but feel size wise and comfort I'd be going backwards (ignoring the engine and performance). So RS5 on the cards for me after the S5 all being well.

Yeah I bought it in June, then 2 months later got a nail in the tyre so had to get them replaced and they were almost on the limit anyway. Then when I took it in to Audi last week they flagged that I was back on the limit, well 2.0mm on 3 and 1.8mm on the other. Have done just under 8k since I got it.

Do you not get the lag when setting off at a roundabout or junction? If I’m coasting you to a junction and then put my foot down a bit nothing really happens so I push further and then fire off.

I am worried about the S3 sedan (RS3 if the budget allows) feeling like a “step down” which is probably what will put me off it. Sadly I think at my current age an RS5 is an absolute no go

Yeah I bought it in June, then 2 months later got a nail in the tyre so had to get them replaced and they were almost on the limit anyway. Then when I took it in to Audi last week they flagged that I was back on the limit, well 2.0mm on 3 and 1.8mm on the other. Have done just under 8k since I got it.

Do you not get the lag when setting off at a roundabout or junction? If I’m coasting you to a junction and then put my foot down a bit nothing really happens so I push further and then fire off.

I am worried about the S3 sedan (RS3 if the budget allows) feeling like a “step down” which is probably what will put me off it. Sadly I think at my current age an RS5 is an absolute no go
Wow! I bought tyre insurance so recently had to replace one of my winter tyres due to a pothole, but got reimbursed for it straight away.

I do get the lag if I virtually bury the foot, but if I half press or so then there's virtually 0 lag. If I need to get away quick then I put it in sport and manual and that negates the issue.

I enjoyed my S3 a lot but I personally feel the interior and design of the S5 feels a lot more premium that the S3. Most noticeably for me being the electric seats in the S5 which really support me and I don't get half as sore back as I did in the S3, but I only had standard seats so that might not be a fair comparison.

Wow! I bought tyre insurance so recently had to replace one of my winter tyres due to a pothole, but got reimbursed for it straight away.

I do get the lag if I virtually bury the foot, but if I half press or so then there's virtually 0 lag. If I need to get away quick then I put it in sport and manual and that negates the issue.

I enjoyed my S3 a lot but I personally feel the interior and design of the S5 feels a lot more premium that the S3. Most noticeably for me being the electric seats in the S5 which really support me and I don't get half as sore back as I did in the S3, but I only had standard seats so that might not be a fair comparison.

I should have got tyre insurance really but at the time it seemed pointless as in my 5 years driving before I’d never had a flat tyre.

In sport it’s usually okay so when I’m coming up to junctions I usually knock it back into sport to pull out and then go back into auto.

Yeah I agree the seats are miles better. It just comes down what the price difference is really. If running the S3 is going to be a lot cheaper I could deal with the worse interior. But if it’s going to be say £900 a month vs the £1,200 at the moment with the S5 then there’s not much point.

I should have got tyre insurance really but at the time it seemed pointless as in my 5 years driving before I’d never had a flat tyre.

In sport it’s usually okay so when I’m coming up to junctions I usually knock it back into sport to pull out and then go back into auto.

Yeah I agree the seats are miles better. It just comes down what the price difference is really. If running the S3 is going to be a lot cheaper I could deal with the worse interior. But if it’s going to be say £900 a month vs the £1,200 at the moment with the S5 then there’s not much point.
My long term average with the S3 was around 35mpg and my S5 is 30mpg. Monthly PCP is Nye on the same so for me it's not that much more expensive, but obviously your situation and driving is a lot different to mine. Will be interested to see what you think

Also got tyre and alloy insurance due to the vast number of potholes so my experience has been a few scuffs on alloys due to em and about 3 punctures in my 2 and a bit years of having the policy on my S3/S5 so comfortably pays for itself.

Surprisingly I’ve never had any complaints from friends about my back seats, but then I am a short ****. It’s mostly just getting the in and out that’s a pain.
The room behind me with my normal driving position. You'd have to have stick legs!
Room

I done 14k on my summers and they're half worn, mental the difference motorway driving compared to your commute makes a difference.
Yep all the energy of stopping and starting just burns the tyres, rolling is far better for them.
Saying that took the family up to Northumberland and with the seats down, the S5 held a lot! Very impressed. 2 large suitcases, sisters clothes, food, drinks etc!

See attached pictures for a rough idea.
a44052f2730448f4058f301f2fd46a3c.jpg
7b06eb9d7403d6b512f3b25bed2d0e8a.jpg

Yeah that's one good thing, the boot is big even with the seats up :)

I think most cars are a step down after the A5/S5 interior, it's such a nice place to sit and well built. I've even had guys from work say "Wow it's nice in here" the first time they've been in the car. Never got that with the S3!

It just comes down what the price difference is really. If running the S3 is going to be a lot cheaper I could deal with the worse interior. But if it’s going to be say £900 a month vs the £1,200 at the moment with the S5 then there’s not much point.
Your S5 is £1,200 per month? :blink:

Monthly PCP is Nye on the same so for me it's not that much more expensive
That's the problem I'm having with downsizing, because a lot of the cheaper cars depreciate a lot faster, it works out the same as paying for a more expensive cars that has slower depreciation.

The facelift A5 is now on the uk configurator ... s5 starting at 50k

black edition spec has gone and replaced with edition 1 spec

All in that’s what it’s cost me on average each month with petrol, insurance, Tax and the monthlies.
What you actually paying for the car I'd you dont mind me asking? I'm paying 374 a month for the car itself inc Daytona grey paint HUD pan roof B n O sound folding mirrors flat wheel VC and something else I feel I'm forgetting. Insurance is 71 a month and fill up twice a month at around 75 a time. 9 miles each way to work so fortunate.

What you actually paying for the car I'd you dont mind me asking? I'm paying 374 a month for the car itself inc Daytona grey paint HUD pan roof B n O sound folding mirrors flat wheel VC and something else I feel I'm forgetting. Insurance is 71 a month and fill up twice a month at around 75 a time. 9 miles each way to work so fortunate.

£354 a month for the actual car, insurance for me is a fair bit more as I was 23 when I bought it.

I fill up maybe 6-7 times a month at £70 a pop. My commute is only 6 miles each way but it’s 6 miles of crawling traffic so my mpg suffers massively. I do a fair bit of social driving too though.

£354 a month for the actual car, insurance for me is a fair bit more as I was 23 when I bought it.

I fill up maybe 6-7 times a month at £70 a pop. My commute is only 6 miles each way but it’s 6 miles of crawling traffic so my mpg suffers massively. I do a fair bit of social driving too though.
That's mental, goes to show postcode and stuff makes a huge difference. Paying a fair bit more than me and I'm only 21 (20 when I got it).

I'm not saying it's cheap to run, but not sure a 3.0 V6 is going to be

That's mental, goes to show postcode and stuff makes a huge difference. Paying a fair bit more than me and I'm only 21 (20 when I got it).

I'm not saying it's cheap to run, but not sure a 3.0 V6 is going to be

A fair bit more than Simon’s insurance that is, not more than the £354. I’d have a heart attack if my insurance was £350+ a month.

All things considered I don’t think it’s too bad on running costs (with the exception of tyres). It’s just that niggle in the back of my mind wondering if there’s something better out there

My insurance took a hammering when my first S5 went walkies.
To be fair at weekends we mainly use the new A6 being a diesel and all! That might change a bit as I enter the last 2 months with the car now though.

A fair bit more than Simon’s insurance that is, not more than the £354. I’d have a heart attack if my insurance was £350+ a month.

All things considered I don’t think it’s too bad on running costs (with the exception of tyres). It’s just that niggle in the back of my mind wondering if there’s something better out there
Yeah was on about the insurance! Monthly payments for just the car aren't much different

I'm paying 374 a month for the car itself inc Daytona grey paint HUD pan roof B n O sound folding mirrors flat wheel VC and something else I feel I'm forgetting.

That seems cheap, did you both put big deposits down?

lol I moan that some of this YEARS quotes are around £350 the S3 was £272 per year :p

lol I moan that some of this YEARS quotes are around £350 the S3 was £272 per year :p

I put 6 months down as it was a 6+23 lease profile. Overall a good deal considering the spec of my car. The incoming 840i is another belting deal though :)

My deposit was £5k, I wanted to reduce the interest as much as possible/make sure I was always in positive equity.

£350?? I’m paying around triple that. Even my A3 was £400

My deposit was £5k, I wanted to reduce the interest as much as possible/make sure I was always in positive equity.

£350?? I’m paying around triple that. Even my A3 was £400
No such thing as positive equity mate, it's never guaranteed! Bank on none and if you get some it's a bonus.

Had to do one just to see, LV were the cheapest! :p

S5

Jesus, £350 a month on insurance?!

I pay £406 for my A5 with £70 a month on insurance including my wrap being covered. Only one year left but if there is a deal out there on a used RS5 instead of an S5 now I might go down that route.

Jesus, £350 a month on insurance?!

I pay £406 for my A5 with £70 a month on insurance including my wrap being covered. Only one year left but if there is a deal out there on a used RS5 instead of an S5 now I might go down that route.
£350 for the year I believe reading the original post

Got the new tyres fitted on Wednesday and got a puncture last night. Didn’t even last 20 miles.