Facelift 2020 b9 In 190ps diesel model options.

WesT-gefül

Reaction score
We are considering swapping out for the facelift-ish model. When I look down the list, in order to get the 190ps engine in diesel it only comes up for quattro. Think it’s the 45 badge. Well this sucks. I don’t want to take the hit in mpg but I don’t want to go down on bhp. Am I missing something?

I thought in the new line up the 40 TDI is the 190 PS motor which is now only available in quattro form, as you say. There is no 45 TDI, you would have to go for the 35 TDI which is 163 PS and 380 Nm of torque if you want FWD. Probably would be barely noticeable in the real world from the 190 PS model and better mpg.

Reactions: tickedon
It's the 40 TDI you want.

190ps output.

I've had mine three weeks. Great car in Black Edition spec and plenty of power.

Comfort and sound pack is worth the additional spend.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: WesT-gefül
We are considering swapping out for the facelift-ish model. When I look down the list, in order to get the 190ps engine in diesel it only comes up for quattro. Think it’s the 45 badge. Well this sucks. I don’t want to take the hit in mpg but I don’t want to go down on bhp. Am I missing something?
Seems like the 40 is only quattro, however the effect upon mpg would be minor...

Last edited:
I thought in the new line up the 40 TDI is the 190 PS motor which is now only available in quattro form, as you say. There is no 45 TDI, you would have to go for the 35 TDI which is 163 PS and 380 Nm of torque if you want FWD. Probably would be barely noticeable in the real world from the 190 PS model and better mpg.

Thanks I just thought I was missing something. Got a loaner of the 35 & my 190ps first gen b9 felt much peppier even with 19’ alloys. I would like to know what these people are getting from their quattro 190ps in terms of mpg.

It's the 40 TDI you want.

190ps output.

I've had mine three weeks. Great car in Black Edition spec and plenty of power.

Comfort and sound pack is worth the additional spend.

What sort of mpg are you getting? I know your car still needs running in most likely before it reaches its best figures. What milage do you have on the car now?

I have got 50k miles on my 2017 190 quattro and regularly get 55mpg+ on a long run

I'm 1k in to it and on a 500 mile round trip on the motorways I got 48mpg (UK) this week.

I drive quite heavy as well.

Much better than the same engine in my old A6 which only ever got to 48 once in three years.

Isn’t the quattro system that’s been installed since 2017 the ultra variant that’s FWD unless the rear is needed?

I believe so, which is why the mpg would be largely unaffected....

Reactions: A4B9
Wish my 40TDI was Quattro. FWD sucks, might be the tyres but it just understeers more than it should and and spins up at the slightest acceleration from stationary.

Maybe that’s why the 2020 has been released in Quattro only ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish my 40TDI was Quattro. FWD sucks, might be the tyres but it just understeers more than it should and and spins up at the slightest acceleration

I’ve got the FWD 2016 b9 190ps with 19” which don’t spin up like that. What tyres do you have on yours

I have 250ps and 400Nm through my front tyres, can spin the wheels at 60mph on greasy wet surfaces if I try hard enough. Unfortunately it is an Audi trait and more to do with the lack of correlation between the front tyres, the pedals, the steering wheel and what the front tyres are doing. I can avoid it just driving a tad more sensitive.

I have 250ps and 400Nm through my front tyres, can spin the wheels at 60mph on greasy wet surfaces if I try hard enough. Unfortunately it is an Audi trait and more to do with the lack of correlation between the front tyres, the pedals, the steering wheel and what the front tyres are doing. I can avoid it just driving a tad more sensitive.

Oh yeah had to adjust my driving style a lot. Having the S3 before hand didn’t help I suppose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cuke2u